But pulled From a wrecked car

Please advise !!!!!!!!!
ChrisFoley
I think its worth $400 or more.
thelogo
Right !!!

And I does anyone know if the engine will fit in the trunk of my
Mazda protege , I dont have a truck ,

Anybody know the motors height and width measurements ???

Thanks racer Chris
ChrisFoley
It might fit without the tin but I doubt it will fit with the tin and front shroud installed.
DBCooper
Have a trailer hitch? If so you can rent those little 6 ft covered u-Haul trailers for about $15 a day. Can be worth it just to avoid all those scratches, dents and spilled oil in your trunk. For me and my back it would be worth it just to avoid having to lift that thing over the lip to get it into the trunk.

worn
QUOTE(DBCooper @ Oct 1 2013, 10:04 AM) *

Have a trailer hitch? If so you can rent those little 6 ft covered u-Haul trailers for about $15 a day. Can be worth it just to avoid all those scratches, dents and spilled oil in your trunk. For me and my back it would be worth it just to avoid having to lift that thing over the lip to get it into the trunk.

Or rent a pickup from Home Depot or someother place that does it. So it comes to $400 + 29.99, if you use it the numbers will keep climbing in $50 increments anyway as little stuff that is worn gets replaced. piratenanner.gif
Spoke
If it were me, I'd look for a 2L.

I have a 1.7L and its good for getting from point A to B but not much fun. A 2L is much more funner.

Not a bad price for a running 1.7L, though.

How long ago was it running?
casey944
I just sold the same thing for $100 and a case of beer. Bought it for roughly the same amount... 400 seems steep to me. If it were a 2.0 we would be having a different conversation.
Valy
its fair priceI don't think it will fit in the trunk and even if it does, how would you get it in there and out?
Dave_Darling
It is kinda like Balljoint, though--brainless. wink.gif (No ECU for the fuel injection.)

--DD
r_towle
Remove tin, fits in the front trunk of a 914
jeeperjohn56
If you have a Home Depot near you they have pick-up truck's you can rent cheap. just my 2cent. John
Jon H.
QUOTE(Valy @ Oct 1 2013, 11:34 AM) *

its fair priceI don't think it will fit in the trunk and even if it does, how would you get it in there and out?

If you have an engine hoist you can get them in and out just fine.

Jon
mepstein
This is more like a once a month deal than a chance in a lifetime. Many guys pull their good running 4's to install a 6. Maybe not near you but they are available. I would just put aside the cash to use on your 2.0 when it needs something.
ConeDodger
QUOTE(thelogo @ Oct 1 2013, 07:42 AM) *

Please advise , my 73 is running like a dream but
Not sure a deal like this will ever come around again

Seems like you answer your own question.

If your engine is running like a dream, why would you waste $400 to replace it. Seems to me, you can save it (the money) and wait to see what happens with your engine and maybe put the $400 toward a rebuild should the dream ever turn into a nightmare...
ConeDodger
Oh, and that's a pretty common deal...
thelogo
All points are valid an I appreciate the responses

I really am quote content going point a to point b

So I'm satisfied with 1.7 l performane , as long as its stock properly functioning
Fuel injection , but I figure if the f,I is up to par then that is worth something right there,

And just if I'm feeling like going all out to up power with my teener
I would still not get the ? Fabaled 2.0

I more then likely just get a 1.7 take it to my wrench aka sandrail guy aka mad scientist
And have him do a carb cam ,twin webbers ,head massageing and arp hardware .
I think that would be a damn nice set up ...maybe 100hp -110??
. Having said that ...

Imho I always remind myself to follow these word

driving-girl.gif Cheap sob ,

What would the cheap sob do ?????
r_towle
QUOTE(thelogo @ Oct 1 2013, 11:41 PM) *

All points are valid an I appreciate the responses

I really am quote content going point a to point b

So I'm satisfied with 1.7 l performane , as long as its stock properly functioning
Fuel injection , but I figure if the f,I is up to par then that is worth something right there,

And just if I'm feeling like going all out to up power with my teener
I would still not get the ? Fabaled 2.0

I more then likely just get a 1.7 take it to my wrench aka sandrail guy aka mad scientist
And have him do a carb cam ,twin webbers ,head massageing and arp hardware .
I think that would be a damn nice set up ...maybe 100hp -110??
. Having said that ...

Imho I always remind myself to follow these word

driving-girl.gif Cheap sob ,

What would the cheap sob do ?????

Nothing at all, move along.
Talk, dream, but NEVER pull out the cash.

Rich
Woody
QUOTE(Dave_Darling @ Oct 1 2013, 03:12 PM) *

It is kinda like Balljoint, though--brainless. wink.gif (No ECU for the fuel injection.)

--DD

unsure.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.