Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I passed emissions !
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
malcolm2
Here in the great state of TN and 1 of 7 counties contiguous to Davidson, I had to have the tail pipe sniffed in order to tag the car. 1974 model year...NO such problem.... 1975 model year Inspection required!

Click to view attachment

RESULTS
Not sure if they looked for the CAT, but it was not there. And she did not ask about the gas cap.
HC = 399 PPM
CO = 0.65% Doing my part for Al Gore... 0.65 has to be a low #, right?
CO2 = 11%

Anyone see anything that might need adjusting for run-ability?

Now I can go get a tag, and drive the car any and everyday!

No the car does not have 235K miles on it, the ding dong girl added a zero to what I told her....3 times. I should have told her 10 miles, cause that is about as far as it has been in the last 12 years.
timothy_nd28
Wow that's great and somewhat surprising. We adjusted the AFM to get you in the ballpark, never realized the rough settings were actually pretty accurate blink.gif
bandjoey
I'd like to see her try to attach the gas cap to the tester :lol. Congratulations!
ripper911
QUOTE(bandjoey @ Oct 1 2013, 08:40 PM) *

I'd like to see her try to attach the gas cap to the tester :lol. Congratulations!

agree.gif lol-2.gif
JmuRiz
I figured we all had antique plates and didn't have to do emissions...guess not.
malcolm2
QUOTE(JmuRiz @ Oct 2 2013, 09:02 AM) *

I figured we all had antique plates and didn't have to do emissions...guess not.

Antique plates are very COOL. You can use a plate from the model year. I already bought a 75 plate. TN used to number the counties by population. So I got a Memphis plate.... 1-333333 (6 numbers)

Guess I'll put it on the front and see how it looks.

I wanted a daily driver and AA status can get you pulled over on a week day. Hell, the cops really would not recognize the plate from 1975, so that would be a help. Once they see AA on a tag, the lights come on.
ripper911
QUOTE(malcolm2 @ Oct 2 2013, 10:08 AM) *

QUOTE(JmuRiz @ Oct 2 2013, 09:02 AM) *

Antique plates are very COOL. You can use a plate from the model year. I already bought a 75 plate. TN used to number the counties by population. So I got a Memphis plate.... 1-333333 (6 numbers)

Guess I'll put it on the front and see how it looks.

I wanted a daily driver and AA status can get you pulled over on a week day. Hell, the cops really would not recognize the plate from 1975, so that would be a help. Once they see AA on a tag, the lights come on.

I've always had the antique vehicle plates on my cars until I started buying the custom ones. It's not a problem in Georgia. busted_cop.gif stick.gif
JmuRiz
I just got a 73 year plate...last year plate in VA. I'll re-license the car when I get the conversion finished biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.