It's time for the R & R a great 914 deserves. Some new paint, upholstry repairs, and tighten up all the nuts and bolts. This daily driver has provided me with 18,963 miles over 301 days faithfully. 3 valve adjustments, many oil changes, a consistant 30mpg. Not one mechanical issue.

It was originally Signal Orange, followed by the P.O.' $399 brown paint job, followed by my DupliColor back to Orange paint. i used bondo, Glaze, and JB Weld to do the initial body work, followed by 2 coats of DupliColor Filler Undercoat and 3 coats of Orange Engine Enamel Ceramic. Looked great and good garage paint job.

Now it's time to start taking off all of the paint. I don't really want to go down to metal. I want to take off all the Duplicolor and bondo stuff and the $399 brown paint. I'll prep the car for a professional paint job later on.

Question 1. What about using Laquer Thinner or Acetone to rub out the cheap paint? Other suggestions? I know, a sander or paint stripper. What's the most effecient way to get down to the factory paint? I"m going back to Signal Orange.

Question 2. Someone backed into my front bumper just enough to cause the titties to bend in the metal inside the 2 tits. Just a slight 1/2" bend in, the length of the rubber tit. Is there a home method to bang out the bumper without cracking the chrome?

Thanks!