Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT- Hey Tekkor! I finished another job
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Bleyseng
Done! Finished this project in 3 months (can you say just in time for Xmas) here is the kitchen.
Geoff
914werke
Nice smile.gif
Is tha Slab or Tile? cool.gif
Bleyseng
Slab, the owner has a granite business so I didn't call you.
A before shot of the kitchen, as you can see not much difference.
anthony
Is no vent hood a problem? I've been thinking of relocating my cooktop to the island but I was wondering about a vent hood.

BTW, awesome job! It looks really nice.
Bleyseng
They picked a pop up vent which don't work for beans and are loud!
Use a hood IMHO.

Geoff
vortrex
wow that looks great. I'm almost done with my cheapo $5000 kitchen gut and remodel.
Trekkor
Nice project!

I've liked granite from go!
Looks like some sort of "Giallo".

Those downdraft vent units are great if you spend bucks on "Bosch" or one of the other Big name expensive brands.

I'm working on a shower right now with a glass mosaic floor, white subway tile and glass subway tile feature strip.

Maybe I'll take a shot when it's done. I make these interesting corner shelves out of tile. You'll like. smile.gif

Here's a granite kitchen I did a couple years ago.
"Uba Tuba" wink.gif

KT
Trekkor
Here's a detail shot of the mosaic in slate.

KT
Bleyseng
Waay cool tile mosaic. Monique wants to know how much that cost to do.
Geoff biggrin.gif
Trekkor
If I say, people won't like me... ohmy.gif

KT
Joe Ricard
It's more than a bread box and less than a 914 restoration
Root_Werks
ohmy.gif smilie_pokal.gif Dang you guys! That looks awesome!
URY914
Looks great. I'm still working on mine. I gotta install the crown molding on the top of the cabinets over the holidays. Cutting pre-finished crown will be fun. sad.gif

I still need to install the backsplash tile also.

Paul
Bleyseng
Rent a good chopsaw to cut the crown and make a setup for it so the cuts are true. otherwise its a real bitch to do.

Geoff
URY914
QUOTE(Bleyseng @ Dec 17 2004, 10:00 AM)
Rent a good chopsaw to cut the crown and make a setup for it so the cuts are true. otherwise its a real bitch to do.

Geoff

I've got a Makita miter saw and I'll buy a new blade. Table is already set up. Just need to get the balls to do it.
Bleyseng
Pre cut some small six inch trial corners to pre fit the crown. Measure twice/cut once!

Geoff biggrin.gif
914werke
They picked a pop up vent which don't work for beans and are loud! Use a hood IMHO.

Dont agree, I used a pop-up on my island, I guess it depends on the product & installation. It pulls AIR! But I agree they can be loud if you crank the fan to 11 biggrin.gif But (at least on mine) you need to stand back or be sucked inot the vortex w00t.gif
dinomium
My bathroom is the before shot and has been for almost two years now! laugh.gif

I have to finish it before I am alowed back in the Garage. Good thing I have two more 14s in the driveway!
Obey the letter of the law NOT the spirt!!
HA!
Jeroen
wow Geoff, that's one nice kitchen!
I won't show it to Christie, or she'll want one too biggrin.gif
carambola
ask your electricians about plugmold and get those recepticles out of the backsplash!
Bleyseng
Rich, the downdraft is a Dacor which is 3 speed and freaking loud. Never again.

Jereon, I thought you and Christy were lookin for a new place? Have you found anything yet? I offered to help on your 914project last time I was in Holland....We might stay at Port Zeeland again soon so if you want some help.....

Carambola, yes I did mention the plugmold but the client didn't want to have to look under the upper cabinets to find the outlet strip. wacko.gif

Geoff (this allcost over 200k so I can now afford Nikkies for Xmas!) biggrin.gif
Trekkor
What is plugmold? chowtime.gif
Bleyseng
a strip of metal channel maybe 3/4" x 1 1/2" with plugs in it.
reverie
Over $200,000? Heck of a Christmas present, eh. It'll probably get a good workout in the next two weeks. Beautiful work, Geoff. smile.gif
Trekkor
Here's a floor I finished recently. IPB Image

KT
Trekkor
same house
Bleyseng
Looks good!

Geoff IPB Image
tesserra
For an island hood Abbaca is the way to go. Really expensive, but a cool custom stainless.
You could also get the workings of a "Vent a hood" or other brands and have a sheetmetal guy build the chase then dress it any way you want, wood, tile, etc. Saves a lot of money and you would have a custom hood.

George
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.