Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What are the odds?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
JawjaPorsche
After my daughter got married, we invited her in-laws up to the mountains for a visit. Her father-in-law used to work in a garage so I took him in my garage to show him my 914.

Imagine my shock when he told me his sister was killed in a 914 in the late 70's. She was a passenger. And to top it off I was a red 914 just like mine!

Needless to say, I felt like three inches tall and apologized. I told him I would never show him the car if I knew this beforehand.

He said he completely understood but I still felt like crap nevertheless.
CptTripps
That's seriously one of the worst 914-related stories ever! Holy shit...
worn
QUOTE(JawjaPorsche @ Oct 2 2013, 10:54 AM) *

After my daughter got married, we invited her in-laws up to the mountains for a visit. Her father-in-law used to work in a garage so I took him in my garage to show him my 914.

Imagine my shock when he told me his sister was killed in a 914 in the late 70's. She was a passenger. And to top it off I was a red 914 just like mine!

Needless to say, I felt like three inches tall and apologized. I told him I would never show him the car if I knew this beforehand.

He said he completely understood but I still felt like crap nevertheless.

I understand, but he must have had some kinds of opt out possibilities in response to hints about what you had to show. I expect that if this was a real area of open grief he wouldn't have wanted to see any kind of sports car, and he went along willingly. Probably harder (now) for you than him. Sorry, it must have been difficult. Time does help.

My son and I are talking about whether or not to backdate the bumpers on my white 76. Well, they aren't the safest cars to begin with are they.
DBCooper
The later bumpers were made to comply with the requirement that there be no damage from parking lot collisions of 5 mph (front) and 3 mph (back). They won't give you any more protection than the early bumpers in a full speed collision.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.