Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Who just bought that 914-6 in Dawsonville, GA
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ezbngreen914
Just wandering if anyone here ended up with that 914-6 in Dawsonville, Ga on ebay. Ending bid was $18,200.
SirAndy
QUOTE(ezbngreen914 @ Oct 2 2013, 02:34 PM) *
Just wandering

Stay on the trail and bring plenty of water ... biggrin.gif
Mike Bellis
What a rusty POS! i know some asshat would spend around $20k for that thing...
Jake Raby
I believe the person that bought it must be blind!

SGB
Disagree... I wish it was mine. IDK, does it have an engine? That might not reduce overall expense, but that car is savable and a well done 6 brings $30K, as hard as it is to believe.
ben*james
QUOTE(Jake Raby @ Oct 2 2013, 08:26 PM) *

I believe the person that bought it must be blind!

Jake, that's gotta be one of the best Roosevelt quotes if not one of THE best quotes ever. Inspires me every time I read it.

On the car, agree.gif what a blind ass bastard! av-943.gif
GaroldShaffer
I have seen a few other rusty /6 cars go for big money. This one went for $28k. don't let the glossy paint fool you it needed LOT of work.

$28K 914/6
ezbngreen914
I thought it was a lot when it was at 10k and that was before the seller mentioned that it was missing the brake calipers. Glad at least two people wanted it that bad but I haven't gotten mine yet... biggrin.gif

my thinking was...
18k for car
5k for rust repair
3k for brakes
8k for drive train rebuild
8k for repaint
2k for misc interior
1k for electrical
1k for correct front bumper
2k for misc exterior trim

Thats 48k and I think your under water at that point (my numbers could be way off). But never the less I hope the guy that bought it has lots of money and enjoys saving a pretty rare car. I don't think this one can sit for another 8 years.
McMark
Mighty expensive VIN number. tongue.gif
Mike Bellis
QUOTE(SGB @ Oct 2 2013, 08:33 PM) *

Disagree... I wish it was mine. IDK, does it have an engine? That might not reduce overall expense, but that car is savable and a well done 6 brings $30K, as hard as it is to believe.

The front of that car is falling off due to rust. To properly restore the car will cost more than $30k.

Not a good value. just a money pit...
Jake Raby
QUOTE(SGB @ Oct 2 2013, 07:33 PM) *

But it would cost another 20-30+++K to restore it!

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.