Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Different wheel sizes
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
kid914
I was looking for a set of 17x8 euro rims......came across a deal....bought them, had them delivered, and turns out they are 16x8.

My question is
How much will 16x8 (fronts) and 17x9 (rears) affect performance and handling. or should I just re-sell and wait for the right size?

Anyone riding 16 fronts and 17 rears. confused24.gif

Thanks
beerchug.gif
effutuo101
I ran 15 and 16's on my last car. As far as I know, the guy who bought her is still running them.
shoguneagle
Not much difference other than you know; this is will work at a very high level; I am running in stock configuration 17inch in front and 18 inch in the rear on a 2004 C5 Corvette.

Different type tires may make a difference but try to keep them in the same family

I believe the old "Grand Prix Cars" ran different size rims. Even back in the fifties, sixties, and early seventies Grand Prix was pretty good racing.

Good luck; run what you have until you do fine exactly what you want and then change accordingly. There is not any thing wrong with the 16s except maybe finding the tires you "think" you need.

Steve
effutuo101
Dug up this picture of my old car. 16 rears, 15 fronts.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.