Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Spark plug
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Elliot Cannon
Just got new plugs for my 2.2 liter type 4. New plugs on the left. WR7cc+. The old plugs WR7dc+, have a longer electrode that sticks into the combustion chamber further. Can anyone tell me if the shorter electrode will have any effect on the engine? The old plugs were made in Brazil and the new ones in Russia. WTF.gif
SLITS
Can't tell you until I see if the heat range of the plug is different. It's to late tonight to go looking for a heat range chart.

Initially, the only effect is to lessen the chances of the piston hitting the plug, but you didn't have that problem anyway. Perhaps the longer electrode provided for better ignition of the fuel/air mix in the combustion chamber.

Maybe the Russians are just shorter by nature so they make things shorter.

Mike Bellis
Really you should pull a head and see how the plug indexes into the combustion chamber. biggrin.gif
Eric_Shea
Both 7's as far as heat range goes.

CC is 1mm and DC is 2mm electrode.

CC is correct for a T4
72hardtop
Bosch are crap these days...India, Russia, China, Thailand. Crap pure crap. NGK or nothing.
TheCabinetmaker
plus 1 on the ngk.

Looks like your running very rich and that plug was not tight.
Elliot Cannon
QUOTE(The Cabinetmaker @ Nov 11 2013, 01:07 PM) *

plus 1 on the ngk.

Looks like your running very rich and that plug was not tight.

The plug was tight. The valve guide wasn't. av-943.gif
Cap'n Krusty
CC is correct for 914s (as well as 911s), extended tips (DC) aren't.

The Cap'n
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.