Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Found two 914s in the Junk yard
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
malcolm2
Isn't there a data base where the VIN #s can be updated? I got 2 to put in. I found in LaVergne TN.

Not too much left on these cars. It was interesting to see the differences side by side like that.

I should have taken more pictures. Both still have the engines and transmissions, 2.0 FI stuff gone and 1.7. Both are basically long blocks. It would take some work but I could take a few friends if anyone thinks they are worth saving.

Express pull and save

Engines go for $155, trans $90

I think I will go back tomorrow, get a few more little things and take some pictures.

Lots of water has been in both of these cars. I would be glad to get some stuff for folks. Just say the word. Things I remember:

engine lid with rain tray, no letters.
Pedal clusters,
calipers, rotors,
2 chrome VW wheels never this type before,
2 steel super beetle wheels.
Headlight motors & covers, dust boots are gone
fresh air stuff on both,
gas tanks & charcoal filter.
doors no handles, rear and side windows.
seat belts, not sure about condition
74 has decent steel bumpers, no teets or tops
each has brake fluid res, one early with vent hose, one late without, caps are shot on both.
malcolm2
I found and added the VINs to the DB. Not sure how I found it, but it was actually part of this site.

My offer to grab parts is a "pay-it-forward" thing. I'll go get it, you folks can pay me back whatever the yard charges and we will work out shipping. Pictures would have helped, I know. After tomorrow, I won't be going back for a while. I'll be out or town.
Mblizzard
Clark if any of the rear and sail chrome are good I would be interested. The side pieces are a pain to get off if the bolts are rusted. Unless they are exceptional, don't try. But if any of the side bottom of the sail parts are fair I could use a few of those.

Sun visors if really good.
malcolm2
QUOTE(Mblizzard @ Oct 2 2013, 11:52 PM) *

Clark if any of the rear and sail chrome are good I would be interested. The side pieces are a pain to get off if the bolts are rusted. Unless they are exceptional, don't try. But if any of the side bottom of the sail parts are fair I could use a few of those.

Sun visors if really good.

One sunvisor, it ain't pretty. I'll shoot you a picture this afternoon.

I remember seeing a piece of the small horizontal sail chrome on the ground. I'll check the rest today too.

BTW the 74 has Black painted bumpers, bumpettes are gone or have rusted bolts. I might go ahead and grab both, I know they ain't cheap, even the painted ones.
I edited the list above.
SirAndy
QUOTE(malcolm2 @ Oct 2 2013, 09:42 PM) *
I found and added the VINs to the DB. Not sure how I found it, but it was actually part of this site.

In the "914 Info" section (top right of each forum page), then "Members VIN Numbers".

Or use a direct link: http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?act=membervins

Either way, thanks for adding those. I removed you as the "owner" ...
beerchug.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.