Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB: Tins for 1974 heat exchanger
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
ndfrigi
Hi, I'm trying to convert my 1975 1.8L heat exchanger to 1974 heat exchanger but I don't have those tins connected to the exchanger going to fan shroud and heater control box and maybe the muffler hanger for this?

Is anyone has an extra parts for this?
How much including shipping to Cypress, CA 90630?

And any comment or suggestions on my heat exchanger and muffler on the picture below that i will be using.

Thank you and God Bless!

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
tweet
Your exhaust looks almost identical to a quad tip Monza that I have. Mine is over 20 years old, and I have the same set up as you with the 1.8L heat exchangers. Just make sure you don't have any exhaust leaks in your set up. It could be very dangerous if you do. You can plug up the the openings at the flange and pour water inside. If no water leaks out, your heat exchangers are safe to use. The muffler you can do a good visual, by cleaning it up a bit and looking for perforations/holes.
ndfrigi
QUOTE(tweet @ Oct 3 2013, 11:56 AM) *

Your exhaust looks almost identical to a quad tip Monza that I have. Mine is over 20 years old, and I have the same set up as you with the 1.8L heat exchangers. Just make sure you don't have any exhaust leaks in your set up. It could be very dangerous if you do. You can plug up the the openings at the flange and pour water inside. If no water leaks out, your heat exchangers are safe to use. The muffler you can do a good visual, by cleaning it up a bit and looking for perforations/holes.

Thank you for your comments! God Bless!
euro911
I'll be going to the shop on Friday and Saturday this week. I'll check - I think I have some 'S', 'J' and straight tubes laying around.
euro911
Found a box with these pieces in it (Saturday)

'S' ducts (missing one retaining cap on the passenger side) and 'J' tubes

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Extension tubes and heater control boxes

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

... and some additional 'J' tubes, and some shorter elbows (that may or may not be needed for your application)

Click to view attachment

How's $50. sound for all of it? confused24.gif ... You can come take a peek at 'em.

The only other thing(s) you'll need, are the hot air hoses from the heater control boxes to the duct inlets at the fire wall. Pelican sell them (part # 930-211-622-01-M127) Click here
dangrouche
good deal!!
mepstein
QUOTE(dangrouche @ Oct 6 2013, 11:21 AM) *

good deal!!

No, great deal biggrin.gif
dangrouche
Noel, I have this 2liter exhaust hangar that needs a good home. It is solid and has metal at the important point to support the exhaust stud. I can mail it to you in Cypress 90630 for the delivered price of $25. I will PM you.
euro911
Noel is back-dating to an early exhaust system. That hanger is for a stock 75/76 muffler.

I probably have a 1.7/1.8L hanger, I just need to locate it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.