Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Come Out! Come Out! Where ever you are...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
GTeener
Anyone know what happened to our friend Brad? huh.gif

He's been MIA at work all week ohmy.gif
SLITS
He's out driving (a unmentioned 914) discretely through the backwoods of Georgia in seach of Miles ph34r.gif
GTeener
Is he alive? Hiding? On vacation? Sick?

Can he be emailed?

My dad & I have a project on the line with him and are concerned confused24.gif
Jenny
I remember him talking about a Tahoe trip. Might very well be this week.

Jen
Jake Raby
Charles and I Tried calling him all week, since last weekend on his cell... No luck and no returned calls
GTeener
QUOTE(Jake Raby @ Dec 17 2004, 12:09 PM)
Charles and I Tried calling him all week, since last weekend on his cell... No luck and no returned calls

ditto huh.gif
SirAndy
two words:

San Diego

that's all i can share for now ...
idea.gif Andy
GTeener
I already know some of what's a happening, but 'the silent treatment' is bad for business.
SirAndy
QUOTE(GTeener @ Dec 17 2004, 01:49 PM)
I already know some of what's a happening, but 'the silent treatment' is bad for business.

i bet you my set of racing slicks that his excuse will be that he forgot to take his cell-phone charger with him!

laugh.gif Andy

PS: maybe we should give him a list of better excuses as a x-mas present ...
morgan
OOOOOHHHH
seanery
hell I gave him a cell phone earlier this year and he never even uses it, along with extra batteries, car charger, etc.... wacko.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(seanery @ Dec 17 2004, 03:21 PM)
and he never even uses it

that was my point!

biggrin.gif Andy
ppickerell
et phone home..........
Brad Roberts
Anyone ever leave for vacation ? Anyone ever turn their cell phone OFF for some peace and quiet ?

Relax gang. I needed some time away. I average 30+ calls every 2 days. The ONLY way for me to relax for any length of time is to turn it off. I *should* have left a message on the VM explaining this.

Sorry.

Over the last 10 days I have driven from SF to SD to Tahoe.

B
MarkV
QUOTE (Brad Roberts @ Dec 21 2004, 03:45 PM)
Anyone ever leave for vacation ? Anyone ever turn their cell phone OFF for some peace and quiet ?

B

Wish I could do that.

They all missed you Tex. IPB Image
Qarl
Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!

I get 30+ calls a day. When I go on vacation, my staff calls and bugs me too!

Just kidding. Glad you were able to get away.

Happy Holidays!
Bleyseng
Shoot, I am on vacation but I still went to work today for 4 hrs to "finish up".
I too have called HPH lookin for ya Brad but good for you that you got some time off. Don't bitch too much as you are workin, dude...........

Geoff
Brad Roberts
My cell drives me nuts. I hear it ringing when it isnt actually ringing.. sad I know.

My voicemail is full right now and wont accept any more calls... IPB Image

Cant wait to go through all 35 messages and see how many of them are "bitch" sessions.

B
GTeener
QUOTE (Brad Roberts @ Dec 21 2004, 03:57 PM)
My cell drives me nuts. I hear it ringing when it isnt actually ringing.. sad I know.

Cant wait to go through all 35 messages and see how many of them are "bitch" sessions.

B

He lives!

No one blames you for needing to drop out and tune out now and then.

It's considerate to keep the people who have projects with you and money on the line with you, informed. It builds confidence and trust dude IPB Image

It's also considerate to let your boss know when you will be back (regardless of what you think of him). Did he misunderstand Tuesday of which week? IPB Image

I know your job would be soooo much better if you didn't have us people to deal with IPB Image but welcome to the real business world...

Communication is key compadre, and doing what you say you're going to do, when you say you're going to do it...

IPB Image Welcome back

~The bitch that started this thread

Oh ya! Hope you had fun on your vacation IPB Image
GTeener
QUOTE (SirAndy @ Dec 17 2004, 03:17 PM)
QUOTE (GTeener @ Dec 17 2004, 01:49 PM)

i bet you my set of racing slicks that his excuse will be that he forgot to take his cell-phone charger with him!

IPB Image Andy

PS: maybe we should give him a list of better excuses as a x-mas present ...

So Andy, do I get your racing slicks now?

It wasn't the battery charger...

IPB Image
Bleyseng
B, I love those "Bitch" sessions..

ring, ring..

Hello...
"YOU STUPID (click)
ring

Hello..
"Hey, WTF (click)
ring

Hello...
"I WANNA TELL Y (click)

ring, ring,ring,

Hello...

"I want to say I am really sorry for screaming at you and can we now talk......."

hehe, works every effin time for me.

and if they leave messages...then I use the delete button after fastforwarding thru 'em so I never listen.

Life's too short for that crap!

Geoff
r_towle
QUOTE (GTeener @ Dec 21 2004, 04:21 PM)
QUOTE (Brad Roberts @ Dec 21 2004, 03:57 PM)

B

He lives!

No one blames you for needing to drop out and tune out now and then.

It's considerate to keep the people who have projects with you and money on the line with you, informed. It builds confidence and trust dude IPB Image

It's also considerate to let your boss know when you will be back (regardless of what you think of him). Did he misunderstand Tuesday of which week? IPB Image

I know your job would be soooo much better if you didn't have us people to deal with IPB Image but welcome to the real business world...

Communication is key compadre, and doing what you say you're going to do, when you say you're going to do it...

IPB Image Welcome back

~The bitch that started this thread

Oh ya! Hope you had fun on your vacation IPB Image

GTeener,
i deleted a whole paragraph....

leave it at this, cut him some slack.

Patience grasshopper.

Rich
Brad Roberts
I do have one of their projects.. but none of their money.

I also over extend myself and make promises I cant keep. Havent met a person yet that keeps EVERY promise made. I made a few changes. Now I dont say when anything is going to get done or be done. Just too damn many variables dealing with vendors and Porsche parts. All it takes is one person in the supply chain to screw up the "promised date".

B
EdwardBlume
Man, you must be working like a dog (still), I hope you are doing well with all of your projects.... if you need a hand, let me know...

Are the Boxsters still coming?
Mueller
All it takes is one person in the supply chain to screw up the "promised date".

you mean like me??? IPB Image

I still have Andys bearings, and it took me about 3 weeks to ship out another set last week...I'm slowly catching up, in another week I should have 10 complete sets sitting on my shelf at home
ppickerell
I too have a project in the works there. I am sometimes uncomfortable with the moving target aspect of completion dates, specific estimate numbers etc. No lecture intended here, but Customer communication and feedback is very important and valuable to a growing business. You appear to be reaching the right paying audience for your services.
You just got to figure out a way to deliver the product before your competitor figures it out better.

Rich called today and told me the tranny is finished. I think he said that the motor was near complete on the stand, headers are ordered, car still not disassembled. I mailed SUBSTANTIAL deposit to him today so he should be in a good mood. Please call me after :
1. The holidaze
2. The dust settles
Here's hoping you have a great holiday. Wait till you see my new race trailer!
Patrick
EdwardBlume
Wait till you see my new race trailer!

I'm thinking wall to wall shag, disco ball, and the mudflaps with the chrome silhouettes of a chick with a gun.
ppickerell
Wet bar with solar powered blender for post race victory celebrations? The trailer came with a solar power collector that will run inside lights and radio!
GTeener
QUOTE (Brad Roberts @ Dec 21 2004, 06:09 PM)
I do have one of their projects.. but none of their money.

I also over extend myself and make promises I cant keep. Havent met a person yet that keeps EVERY promise made. I made a few changes. Now I dont say when anything is going to get done or be done. Just too damn many variables dealing with vendors and Porsche parts. All it takes is one person in the supply chain to screw up the "promised date".

B

True, the money isn't loose. It's tied up in an engine that ended up costing a good bit more than quoted.

I can appreciate the fact that you have over promised yourself to lots of other projects. How hard is it to take responsibility and admit you made a mistake?

I'm frustrated more than mad.

I want a win-win for us all. IPB Image

I recommended you to my father. He is all excited and willing to give you more money to finish the project, but he never hears from you. So he leans on me to find out what's going on and then he starts theorizing about the type of person you are and questioning his project commitment, and my judgment. IPB Image

You have his $30K-ish car and an $8K-ish engine. All he expects from you is an honest progress report (periodically at intervals he can expect that are initiated by you and not him), an honest project cost estimate, and a completion guesstimate (could be a generous 6-12 mos. depending on vendor cooperation but can't be totally open ended).

I'm sure he is no different than any other customer.

The silent treatment and/or excuses are bad business.

What's so hard about saying straight up, "Hey I'm sorry things are taking so long. I have a lot of projects going on and for your project X,Y & Z are holding me up. We can do A, B & C in the meantime if you'd like. What do you think? "

You help me and I'll help you IPB Image

Cheers IPB Image ,
Gwen

Do unto others as you would have them do unto you
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.