Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ppg paint code
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
worn
The code is L96B, but that is probably not going to be enough where i shop for paint. I am used to ppg, and at my lower experience level would prefer to build on that. Also ordinarily i would be painting with a single stage paint to look period. But this is a metalic. Does that change the game? Thanks.
shoguneagle
It should not be a problem with a paint store. A couple of years ago, I got the same paint for my car (Alaska Blue Metallic). They were able to match the code you have with their paint supplies/mixes and came up with the proper mixture. It was PPG brand.

Everyone appears to have gone to the new paint systems but there should be some PPG type around.

Steve
worn
QUOTE(shoguneagle @ Oct 3 2013, 07:36 PM) *

It should not be a problem with a paint store. A couple of years ago, I got the same paint for my car (Alaska Blue Metallic). They were able to match the code you have with their paint supplies/mixes and came up with the proper mixture. It was PPG brand.

Everyone appears to have gone to the new paint systems but there should be some PPG type around.

Steve

Thanks,
Do you happen to know the ppg code? My paint store is pretty good but it takes them awhile to find the code.
McMark
Copy and paste from another similar thread:

Make sure you look at the actual paint, or even better - a spray out card. A code isn't worth anything. Actually seeing the color in person is what you need. I've talked to people who put all their faith in a code not realizing how much the same 'code' can change depending on what paint system it's mixed in.
r_towle
Wilhoit restorations in California has all the paint codes for the 356 car and we bought several sample paint cards around the color we found on the car.
It was a custom paint color, so we needed to see which dark blue it was.

He is pretty good with ppg color matching and I am sure he could whip up a sample card for you.
Give him a call tomorrow, good guy.
shoguneagle
Unfortunately the paint and any codes I would have had ended up being stolen in Barstow, CA along with all my personal property.

Sorry,
Steve
worn
QUOTE(r_towle @ Oct 3 2013, 08:14 PM) *

Wilhoit restorations in California has all the paint codes for the 356 car and we bought several sample paint cards around the color we found on the car.
It was a custom paint color, so we needed to see which dark blue it was.

He is pretty good with ppg color matching and I am sure he could whip up a sample card for you.
Give him a call tomorrow, good guy.

Thanks, I am changing colors from Bahia red. So matching my color is not an issue. If I park next to another of the same color. Well then we shall see. Sorry about the theft Steve - I remember now.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.