Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Custom Intake Flanges Now Available
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
aircooledtechguy
IMHO, if you want the best in Megasquirt systems, parts and support, you see Mario @ www.thedubshop.net. So,. . .

A while ago I asked Mario to see if he could work with his contacts and make a set of custom T-4 intake flanges that would allow for fabrication of custom manifolds and plenum runners since nothing existed. I sent him a pair of phenolic spacers (one T-4 and one Porsche 2.0L) to hopefully combine into a single flange. . .

Yesterday afternoon was like Christmas in October. . .

IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image

Here’s the basic stats:

- Mild steel construction for easy fabrication (though while I didn’t ask about them, I would bet they could be made from S/S or even Aluminum as well).
- 5/16 (.312”) thick for warp-free fabrication.
- 1.5” intake runner holes with enough meat to port out if needed, but that’s usually not an issue w/ type-4s.
- Both VW type-4 and Porsche 2.0L bolt patterns.

This is EXACTLY what those of us making custom intakes for the use of motorcycle ITBs or those making a custom plenum need to make the fabrication straightforward. They fit like a glove!!

IPB Image

Contact Mario @ www.thedubshop.net to get yours. I’ve got mine!!

IPB Image
chad newton
Now the question is, what are u planing on running for carbs or a carb? I was always wondering how you could run big american 2 barrels or a single big 4 barrel on them. Or even different throttle body units.
chad newton
Maybe even a turbo system from something.
SirAndy
QUOTE(aircooledtechguy @ Oct 5 2013, 10:01 AM) *

- Mild steel construction for easy fabrication (though while I didn’t ask about them, I would bet they could be made from S/S or even Aluminum as well).

Those look great but doesn't making them out of metal defeat their whole purpose of acting as a heat barrier?
confused24.gif
messix
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Oct 5 2013, 10:54 AM) *

Those look great but doesn't making them out of metal defeat their whole purpose of acting as a heat barrier?
confused24.gif

slap.gif

they are not a replacement for spacers!

they a flange for the fabrication of intake manifolds.
aircooledtechguy
QUOTE(messix @ Oct 5 2013, 11:09 AM) *

confused24.gif

slap.gif

they are not a replacement for spacers!

they a flange for the fabrication of intake manifolds.

agree.gif Exactly! The phenolic spacer still goes between this flange and the head like usual. I just used those as the pattern since they fit perfectly.

With these, you can make custom intakes for custom carb applications if you wanted to, but my intent was to use them to fabricate custom EFI manifolds and custom EFI runners for one-off EFI systems. Turbo EFI hats for custom applications. . . Those making custom EFI systems using motorcycle ITBs. . . Basically anyone wanting to fabricate an induction system.
DBCooper
Ah, that voodoo stuff.

McMark

confused24.gif

rTFP. biggrin.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(McMark @ Oct 6 2013, 12:44 AM) *
rTFP. biggrin.gif

Flanges Schmanges ... Someone could have been a bit more descriptive ...
rolleyes.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.