Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Octoberfest at The Petersen Museum, L.A.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Maltese Falcon
This should be a nice turnout of all cars German , full information + entry forms are on their website. It's $20.00 and includes preferred parking , and a ticket for food +beer. Catering by the Steingarten restaurant. Big beer tent if you are into imbibing !
I'll bring a bottle of Night Train and the Velveeta for my 914 wine + cheese friends smile.gif
Marty
moparrob
Marty, are you going to bring the 914 -6GT? ( I have yet to see it and want to check it out...)

Maybe it will get me motivated to finish mine.

IPB Image
Maltese Falcon
I will be there in the black six and the anthracite '79 930. I hired an assistant to bring the tail dragger. Need to get the cobwebs off of 4th gear biggrin.gif
There should be a good turnout of local 914s coming to this gig.
Marty
KELTY360
QUOTE(Maltese Falcon @ Oct 5 2013, 11:53 AM) *

I'll bring a bottle of Night Train and the Velveeta for my 914 wine + cheese friends smile.gif
Marty

av-943.gif

beer.gif
moparrob
Nice turnout of cars this morning. I believe there were three or four 914s there, including the first U.S. sold 914-6 (fully restored) and Marty Schneider's turbo 914-6.

I had a chance to speak with Marty and shot this video of his car as he was leaving. Nice guy and a beautiful car. (click on link)

Marty's 914-6

This may be the spark I needed to get my project back on track.
r_towle
Marty,

What size wheels and tires are those?
Are those stock rear fender flares, or did you cut and widen them?

Looks very cool, like the wide lip wheels
Maltese Falcon
I brought along some wine +cheese biggrin.gif couldn't find "Night Train "©, I heard that it's still available in Isla Vista !
I'll post a few pics from today if I can upload from the camera phone...
MartyClick to view attachment
Maltese Falcon
Not exactly from Napa vineyards, more like the liquor store next to Napa autoparts drunk.gif Click to view attachment
Maltese Falcon
First 914-6 sold at a U.S.A dealership.
It has a twin plug, some 906 engine upgrades, and a gt style oil tank.
All restored and a very cool 914 with history.Click to view attachment
Maltese Falcon
QUOTE(r_towle @ Oct 12 2013, 03:55 PM) *

Marty,

What size wheels and tires are those?
Are those stock rear fender flares, or did you cut and widen them?

Looks very cool, like the wide lip wheels

Rich, the rear wheels are 9 x16", 245 x45x16 tires.
The wheels are custom mfg. from machining + mating portions of two 6x16" Fuchs together. These were made years ago by Europarts out of Matthews, NC. Toby was the owners name I don't know if they are still around. Lindsey racing makes a bolt-together modular Fuchs that resembles this wheel, but it will have a circular pattern of bolts around the mag.
The wheel arches are standard width 914 gt. After the flared fenders were installed, the body shop used a compressed air "Jack" in the wheel well and gently forced the fender lip outward, very slightly. This allows the tire to clear the fender at all vehicle conditions.
So if your vantage point is standing behind this car, the rear arches will appear slighted bowed outward.
Marty
Maltese Falcon
Porsches were in abundance at the Oktoberfest...I think this might even motivate Robert to get his 914 back on the streets of L.A. biggrin.gif Click to view attachment
914-300Hemi
i was there also and it was a lot of fun

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.