Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Suspension tuning tips?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Bleyseng
Alright, I finally got to drive the car on dry AX track (well almost).
Did pretty good today right there with the top guys in GTU class, but on cornering the inside tire is lifting pretty good. I don't think all that all helps with the turning of the car. Car throttle steers pretty nicely without the back end coming around except once.
How do I adjust that out??
22mm tbars
22 front sway set on full
crappy Koni reds (old)
no rear bar
180 rear springs
205 Kumhos on 7x15 cookies
Geoff
URY914
Front bar set on full what? soft or hard?

Paul
Bleyseng
Hard as the shocks are soft.
Still waiting for a adjustable set from someone I know...
Geoff
URY914
I would say the front bar is set too stiff and it is not allowing the inside tire to stay on the ground. Set your front bar half way 'tween soft and hard-see what happens.

Paul
J P Stein
Ah, but how does it handle?
Push? oversteer? neutral?

Lifting the inside front wheel is not the end of the world, trust me biggrin.gif

Stiffer rear springs, if it bothers you.....which will lead to "other adjustments".
Bleyseng
Its handling pretty neutral now and you can bring the assend around and throttle steer it though the corners. I had it set more in the middle and was trying this out today for the first time on dryer track.
Big sweeping hairpin turns are easy right now, before you rotated (flat spin) too easy.
I was wondering if better front shocks would help keep the car more flat going thru the corners.
JP, when are you coming up???
Geoff
ChrisReale
It seems to me that every Porsche with aftermarket suspension lifts a wheel slightly in the turns. As long as it is not 8 inches(slight exaggeration!) off the ground, you probably are ok. Of course, 4 tires grip better than 3, but at least you are not driving a stiff BMW 2002, where both inner tires leave the ground ohmy.gif
J P Stein
I *thought* I was going to come up today, but my partner couldn;t make it and, since we were gonna use his truck...I did yard wurk all day.

So....I'll get my truck set up and be there 21 June...God willing and the creek don't rise.

All of the AX venues I have been to are bumpy as hell. Good shox will absorb the bumps, but won't make the car corner flatter....that's the spring's & A-R bar's job. Is Bremerton lumpy?

The more advise I get, the more I realize that I'm on my own. Fiddle with the AR bar/tire pressures till your comfortable with the handling.....then just drive.

Did Doug Skinner come up? Green 73 9eleben w/3.2L....shoulda been in GTO.
ChrisReale
Yea, Doug was there with Kerme. I threw your name around a bit, and acted like a big shot and talked with him a bit. He drive good.
Brad Roberts
Sway bar set full stiff... lifting tires ...

Increase the rear spring rate..

The 180's are progressive...so your are probably lifting the tire prior to it making it to the 180. Go with a real 175 non progressive or a 200.

B
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.