Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Anyone know what this is?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
bigkensteele
I resealed my rear window today, and after taking out the seats, backpad, seat belts, and roll bar mouldings, I noticed this thing on the floor outside my driver side door. I don't think that it could have come from anything other than inside my car. Is this a 914 part? I can't think of where it might go.

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Dr Evil
Some blurry pics?

Doubt 914.
Elliot Cannon
Black licorice.
914itis
This looks like a piece of the rubber that holds down the targa in the trunk .
bigkensteele
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Oct 5 2013, 07:31 PM) *

Some blurry pics?

Doubt 914.

I give a day off the first Saturday of each month to my professional 914 parts photographers. My way of giving back. So that is why I had to use my phone to capture these incredibly important images.

I would say not 914 as well, except that this little thing is covered with the same dust-bowl type dirt that covered everything else in my car, which spent a great deal of time in NM, AZ, and CO in the mid '70s. If it isn't part of the 914, it caught a ride long ago.

That being said, I just realized that I removed the drivers side rocker a few days ago, and it could have come from inside there.

The object in the pictures is rubber, and perhaps more pliable than it should be if it were 40 years old, but it just seems like a funky little part to me. One of those things that always seems to get lost when a car is taken apart and put back together.
SLITS
If there is a hole in it, it could be the cushioning guides on the interior door handle rod.

I don't remember exactly what they look like though.
jhora
is it the piece that goes inside of the rubber seal piece that is at the rear of the door glass meets the roll bar...door seal
bigkensteele
QUOTE(jhora @ Oct 5 2013, 08:39 PM) *

is it the piece that goes inside of the rubber seal piece that is at the rear of the door glass meets the roll bar...door seal

That is a great guess, but that piece is still in place. This thing looks to be more of a spacer of some sort. There are no mounting holes or slots that would place it somewhere. My guess at this point is that it is a late model mounting guide for the rear window. I have and retained the two small rubber strips that sit at the bottom of the rear window, but this could have been in there. I just don't know. I never saw it until I noticed it on my garage floor. It really couldn't have come from anywhere other than the car.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.