mepstein
QUOTE(carr914 @ Oct 6 2013, 10:38 AM) *

At least they showed the Crap that Dr. Dick typically sells

I'll save everyone 2 Minutes of their lives to show what the Article told you

These would be great pictures for a caption contest. biggrin.gif
Dr Evil
Ooo, this is rich smile.gif
SLITS
A long time ago, there were better pictures of the rust piled up without the green overgrowth.
ripper911
Those must be old pictures, the area in front of the shed had many more cars there when I first started with AA, and the grass wasn't there. Now all of those cars have been towed off.
Nine_14
QUOTE(ripper911 @ Oct 6 2013, 05:02 PM) *

Those must be old pictures, the area in front of the shed had many more cars there when I first started with AA, and the grass wasn't there. Now all of those cars have been towed off.

Pics from 2009
KELTY360
QUOTE(ripper911 @ Oct 6 2013, 08:02 AM) *

Towed off? To where?
Elliot Cannon
QUOTE(KELTY360 @ Oct 6 2013, 09:02 AM) *

QUOTE(ripper911 @ Oct 6 2013, 08:02 AM) *

Towed off? To where?

The parts warehouse? av-943.gif poke.gif
Nine_14
Seems AA is nor everybodys friend.

Somebody want to start a poll ?

Riped of by AA

Yes:

No:

Sometimes:

reharvey
OH MY --- here we go popcorn[1].gif
scotty b
QUOTE(Nine_14 @ Oct 6 2013, 09:09 AM) *

Riped of by AA

Yes:

No:

Sometimes:

Just do a simple search here instead of stoking the furnace. This AA stromberg.gif is getting really old dry.gif George has his own forum now for good reason
TargaToy
IBTL
xperu
QUOTE(Nine_14 @ Oct 6 2013, 12:09 PM) *

Riped of by AA

Yes:

No:

Sometimes:

Why? What’s the point................................. We have heard everyone’s opinion a multitude of time and to what end. As before it is counterproductive to demean someone especially if they can't defend themselves mono un mono. I say this not in defense of anyone or vendor, but common civilized respect of each other. Have I been disappointed or unhappy with a product I have bought from a vendor or 914 classifieds several times over the years? Yes. I think the rules here cover such descent right? That’s my Vote!
carr914
It's never counter-productive to demean George - it's Good Drama!
euro911
I'm moving on to the next thread. I did enjoy seeing those nice colorful photos, though. Are those are Georgia peaches? laugh.gif
DBCooper
QUOTE(xperu @ Oct 6 2013, 02:03 PM) *

Why? What’s the point................................. We have heard everyone’s opinion a multitude of time and to what end. As before it is counterproductive to demean someone especially if they can't defend themselves mono un mono. I say this not in defense of anyone or vendor, but common civilized respect of each other. Have I been disappointed or unhappy with a product I have bought from a vendor or 914 classifieds several times over the years? Yes. I think the rules here cover such descent right? That’s my Vote!

Yeah, I don't see it that way. I was ripped off by AA fifteen years ago. In that fifteen years I've seen this board come into being. People come and go all the time, so most of the original guys are gone and everyone else here is new. If no one tells all the new folks of the bad experiences everyone else has had it's almost guaranteed that every one of them will learn that same lesson the hard way.

Now you could argue that's the best way to learn, that pain is the best teacher, that George needs to make a living or some such nonsense, but that's just bullshit. Everyone who comes to these forums comes to learn new things from other people who've done it before, who've made mistakes and learned from them, and now know the right way to do it. We all need to learn, and that's why everyone is here. We all want to avoid as much of that learner's pain as possible, which is natural and sensible. If you can't impart some of the knowledge you've assimilated over the years then why are you here, anyway? Help out the new guys, LET THEM KNOW when they're about to step in a hole. You learned from others, now it''s your turn.

That means, as distasteful as it might be, we have to go through these collective Automobile Atlanta and Steve Stromberg rants occasionally, so that knowledge is available to the new guys. That's the natural order of things, the messy way human beings add to the collective wisdom. If you have a suggestion or some other alternative, that's great, offer it up. Otherwise hold your nose, ignore the mob, the pitchforks and torches, and go on to some other thread. We're human beings and we sometimes do bad things to protect our own. But it has to be done.

watsonrx13
It would be great if we could get all of the VINs from those cars and update our database. It would probably double the listing we have now.

--- Rob
Nine_14
QUOTE(DBCooper @ Oct 6 2013, 11:37 PM) *

Yeah, I don't see it that way. I was ripped off by AA fifteen years ago. In that fifteen years I've seen this board come into being. People come and go all the time, so most of the original guys are gone and everyone else here is new. If no one tells all the new folks of the bad experiences everyone else has had it's almost guaranteed that every one of them will learn that same lesson the hard way.

Now you could argue that's the best way to learn, that pain is the best teacher or some such nonsense, but that's just bullshit. Everyone who comes to these forums comes to learn new things from other people who've done it before, who've made mistakes and learned from them, and now know the right way to do it. We all need to learn, and that's why everyone is here. We all want to avoid as much of that learner's pain as possible, which is natural and sensible. If you can't impart some of the knowledge you've assimilated over the years then why are you here, anyway? Help out the new guys, LET THEM KNOW when they're about to step in a hole. You learned from others, now it''s your turn.

That means, as distasteful as it might be, we have to go through these collective Automobile Atlanta rants occasionally, so that knowledge is available to the new guys. That's the natural order of things, the messy way human beings add to the collective wisdom. If you have a suggestion, some other alternative, that's great, offer it up. Otherwise hold your nose, ignore the mob, the pitchforks and torches, and go on to some other thread. We're human beings and we sometimes do bad things to protect our own. But it has to be done.

Sorry for my ignorance about this company, but right how can I ? i am not in the local scene, a newbie hier with about 191 posts actually and not want to reopen old didcussions about boiled eggs.

I search for it here in the forum like it is told to me.
Vysoc
QUOTE(DBCooper @ Oct 6 2013, 05:37 PM) *

Now you could argue that's the best way to learn, that pain is the best teacher, that George needs to make a living or some such nonsense, but that's just bullshit. Everyone who comes to these forums comes to learn new things from other people who've done it before, who've made mistakes and learned from them, and now know the right way to do it. We all need to learn, and that's why everyone is here. We all want to avoid as much of that learner's pain as possible, which is natural and sensible. If you can't impart some of the knowledge you've assimilated over the years then why are you here, anyway? Help out the new guys, LET THEM KNOW when they're about to step in a hole. You learned from others, now it''s your turn.

That means, as distasteful as it might be, we have to go through these collective Automobile Atlanta and Steve Stromberg rants occasionally, so that knowledge is available to the new guys. That's the natural order of things, the messy way human beings add to the collective wisdom. If you have a suggestion or some other alternative, that's great, offer it up. Otherwise hold your nose, ignore the mob, the pitchforks and torches, and go on to some other thread. We're human beings and we sometimes do bad things to protect our own. But it has to be done.

Well said ..............DBCooper!

Vysoc flag.gif
Rand
QUOTE(Nine_14 @ Oct 6 2013, 10:09 AM) *

Riped of by AA

Yes:

No:

Sometimes:

You are late to the party. No poll needed. Oh wait, you said "riped." Hmm. not sure about that one. I'm not even sure what that means.... You could have said raped or ripped and we would get it. But this is new. Go for it, start that poll. You could save yourself from tallying the results by only offering "yes" as the answer.
xperu
QUOTE(DBCooper @ Oct 6 2013, 04:37 PM) *

No Comment!
Spoke
QUOTE(Nine_14 @ Oct 6 2013, 05:46 PM) *

Sorry for my ignorance about this company, but right how can I ? i am not in the local scene, a newbie hier with about 191 posts actually and not want to reopen old didcussions about boiled eggs.

I search for it here in the forum like it is told to me.

It is better to observe and ask questions like you have than make mistakes.

AA has been around forever and people have had good exchanges with them but many people have had issues.

Personally I don't deal with AA. I buy new parts from PelicanParts or used stuff from members here.

I heard about Mr Hussey long before I found this site. When I bought my 914, a local Porsche restoration shop warned me not to buy from AA. They had personal business dealings with Mr Hussey which didn't go well. Some of their issues had to do with a 904 body kit partnership long ago.
Phil Plummer
QUOTE(Rand @ Oct 6 2013, 03:42 PM) *

Riped of by AA

Yes:

No:

Sometimes:

You are late to the party. No poll needed. Oh wait, you said "riped." Hmm. not sure about that one. I'm not even sure what that means.... You could have said raped or ripped and we would get it. But this is new. Go for it, start that poll. You could save yourself from tallying the results by only offering "yes" as the answer.

Hey there :
I just have a question about the adapters AA had to send out to get made up for me, these were not made by Ralph booth as I hear that Ralph is going to set up in Maryland in the near future.
I did not know this at the time of order I just ordered from AA assuming they still had Ralph Booth stuff in stock.
Thus AA had these adapters for 4 lug to 5 lug made at a machine shop and I unwrapped them and quality seems well ok but Pelican parts was cheaper only they were out of the Ralph booth stock but here they have arrived with only one anchor stud per adapter
Is that safe? Really this is not cool ..I mean for about 700.00 bucks including shipping you would think at least two studs per adapter/spacer ?? I guess maybe those 3 laugh.gif 0cent stubs would have broke the profit margin..
Rand
QUOTE(Phil Plummer @ Oct 6 2013, 07:16 PM) *

QUOTE(Rand @ Oct 6 2013, 03:42 PM) *

Riped of by AA

Yes:

No:

Sometimes:

Hey there :
I just have a question about the adapters AA had to send out to get made up for me, these were not made by Ralph booth as I hear that Ralph is going to set up in Maryland in the near future.
I did not know this at the time of order I just ordered from AA assuming they still had Ralph Booth stuff in stock.
Thus AA had these adapters for 4 lug to 5 lug made at a machine shop and I unwrapped them and quality seems well ok but Pelican parts was cheaper only they were out of the Ralph booth stock but here they have arrived with only one anchor stud per adapter
Is that safe? Really this is not cool ..I mean for about 700.00 bucks including shipping you would think at least two studs per adapter/spacer ?? I guess maybe those 3 laugh.gif 0cent stubs would have broke the profit margin..

drunk.gif
pete000
Look at all the NOS parts out in that field covered with weeds ! blink.gif

Pursang
Not been a member here long enough to have experienced the opinion shit storm that is so common with this type of forum. George is what he is. That said, I found those photos that were taken in the fields to be incredibly depressing. Pilots must feel that way when they see the photos of the airplane graveyards in Tucson.
Mikey914
At least the desert is dry.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.