Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Seeking 914-6 relay board diagram for conversion.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
914itis
I need a diagram to alter the 914-6 pin connector on the ignition harness to work on a 4 relay board
SLITS
The 911/914-6 engine harness is a 14 pin connector. The 914/4 is a 12 pin connector. Won't quite work .. use a /4 engine harness and relay board and match function of the wires. I have diagrams at my office that I used. I'll see if I can get to them Monday.

Bad /6 wiring diagram

Also, Andy (socalandy here) had a colorized one blown up so we could trace all of his wires. He might have the file on his computer.
914itis
Thanks,

That was my request. I have the diagram / functions for the 4 board, I need the six pins function to match it up and modify.
Eric_Shea
Get a later model alternator and ditch the board.
mepstein
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Oct 6 2013, 11:44 AM) *

agree.gif sell the early alternator and ditch the board altogether.
914itis
QUOTE(mepstein @ Oct 6 2013, 12:01 PM) *

QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Oct 6 2013, 11:44 AM) *

agree.gif sell the early alternator and ditch the board altogether.

A later alternator will solve the voltage regulator issue, since the alternator has a built in regulator. I will still need to alter the pins on the harness whether it is via the board or direct connection. With that say, I will need a diagram or wire functions to match up the connections for the other components such as gauges, coil and tach.
Am I correct?
SLITS
You don't have to ditch the alternator for a newer one. As stated before, the alt plug on a /4 or /6 will plug directly into the VR. Mine is mounted on the wheelhouse where the battery used to be.

AND

You can wire the engine harness directly into the main harness with a matching 14 pin male plug ... no relay board needed.

AND

While the colors are different on the wires, you can match function at the main body harness. Like I said, the notes are in my office and I can get them Monday.

Images at 11! laugh.gif

Oh, I printed the 911 wiring diagrams off the Bird site and traced function.
914itis
QUOTE(SLITS @ Oct 6 2013, 12:13 PM) *

You don't have to ditch the alternator for a newer one. As stated before, the alt plug on a /4 or /6 will plug directly into the VR. Mine is mounted on the wheelhouse where the battery used to be.

AND

You can wire the engine harness directly into the main harness with a matching 14 pin male plug ... no relay board needed.

AND

While the colors are different on the wires, you can match function at the main body harness. Like I said, the notes are in my office and I can get them Monday.

Images at 11! laugh.gif

Oh, I printed the 911 wiring diagrams off the Bird site and traced function.

Thanks slits,
Now can you recommend a VR?
McMark
Bosch. wink.gif
914itis
Thanks again Ron,

I also found this helpful diagram, I figure, I would post I here.
Hope it can be of use for others.

All of the wires locations in this diagram are accurate, except for the number 1 which is for the battery light, not the oil pressure switch.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.