Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914club at the Tied House in Mountain View
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3
nebreitling
UPDATE

alright, just touched base with Tied House. they don't know where they're going to stick us, but probably in the back. ask for the "914club" seating when you arrive.

THEY WILL NOT SPLIT THE BILL. which sucks, but i understand it from their perspective. bring cash to pitch in your share. there will be no alcohol on the main bill -- just food and soda's (and ice tea for brad). want beer? (yes.) get it at the bar. gratuity will be included, please pitch in your share. please bring cash.

park in back.

THIS IS GONNA FUCHIN' ROCK!!!

Hey gals and guys!

Let's celebrate the new year 914 style! beerchug.gif drunk.gif grouphug.gif

Wednesday, December 29th, from 7:30pm until whenever.

While not exactly a New Year's Eve party, it's close enough. I've talked with the Tied House, they're expecting us. All 914club members and their SO's/friends are welcome.* Bring a 914 if it runs! Come for dinner at 7.30, and stay for a couple beers!

Mountain View Tied House Cafe & Brewery
954 Villa Street, Mountain View, CA 94041
Ph: (650) 965-2739

park in back.

PLEASE RSVP ON THIS THREAD (even if you rsvp'd on the other one) so I can anticipate what kind of a crowd we'll have. thanks.

nathan

*hot coed roommates are also welcome.
nebreitling
"hi nate. i'm a hot coed roommate. how do i get there???"

easy, honey. here's a map
nebreitling
Who the hell's coming? 24+ people!!!!!

Nathan +1 (hot coed)
Jenny +2
Ahhhndy +0 (fictional-hot-coed-of-his-dreams)
Britain + 1.5?
McMarkissimo
James M
Jeff K +1
Mike (Dr. Evil)
Otmar (workin' on the hot coed part)
Jim + 1
Bradholio + 0 (coming and leaving alone, apparently)
Richard L
Butchissimo (real name?)
Jason (SilverBullet) +1 (Lupe)
Gwen! (no GTeener)
Mueller + 1!!! (nice job with the wife, dude!)
Chris J + 1 or 2
Brent

Theo - maybe

Others??????

Randal??
Carl & Meredith?
Bowlsby?
Trekkor?
Demick?
Rob?

others, others, others?
scruz914
Damn. I'm out of town. I have yet to make a SF Bay event.

Have fun!

-Jeff
Chris Julian
Hey that' s right around the corner. I'll try and make it. Maybe I can even talk some of the other v8 guys into coming along?

Felix
Harry
Mark

What do you say?

Chris
lapuwali
I'll be there. Not far from work, and I seem to be lingering until 7-ish lately, anway.

Won't be there with 914, though.
mightyohm
I'll be there. I should have my 914 although the locals should all carpool so we can get thoroughly wasted... Maybe DD can be our DD. biggrin.gif
nebreitling
good idea about the carpool, jeff.

everyone: don't ruin 2004 by driving drunk. RIDE DRUNK instead!!! woohooo!!
Dr Evil
Boo-Ya, I am gonna be up there untill the 30th so I'm in. Hows about a free beer for the person who is traveling the furthest idea.gif (Shameless moocher)
neo914-6
Hey that' s right around the corner. I'll try and make it. Maybe I can even talk some of the other v8 guys into coming along?

Felix
Harry
Mark

What do you say?

Chris

Chris et all,
I will be in Seattle that week, working out the Neo914. cool.gif Besides, I may not have my V8 car soon. I think you need a NEW 400hp engine, hint hint. laugh.gif Thanks for taking over the V8 organizer riens! biggrin.gif

Nathan,
How the MOMO seat workin out?

formerly know as "jaiderenegadesimpson v8 914",
Felix
Jeroen
Tied House is great... don't think I'll be there though wink.gif
mikeyb44
hey, sorry I can't make it - will be out of town.

at the risk of making a drive-by posting, I'll just say that IMHO, Tied House has great beer but their food really s*cks. There's tons of great chinese places within a couple blocks; I'd suggest getting tanked up at the Tied House & then going to eat someplace else.

Just my $0.02 -
SirAndy
QUOTE(nebreitling @ Dec 17 2004, 05:40 PM)
"hi nate. i'm a hot coed roommate. how do i get there???"

yeah, she asked me too.
and i'm like "relax, i'll give you a ride". and she's all happy and stuff and says, "oh, you're sooo sweet. now, can you rub some of that oil on my back?" and me, totally stoneface, like i do that kind of shit all day "Sure baby, anything else i can do for you?" and then dude, she's all smiling and stuff and i'm like "Sweet! i'm getting laid tonight ..."

anyways, i'll be there. with the hot chick!
aktion035.gif Andy
Meredith
QUOTE(mikeyb44 @ Dec 17 2004, 08:24 PM)
at the risk of making a drive-by posting, I'll just say that IMHO, Tied House has great beer but their food really s*cks.

No way! They have great ostrich burgers! chowtime.gif
Gustl
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Dec 18 2004, 03:10 AM)
Hows about a free beer for the person who is traveling the furthest idea.gif  (Shameless moocher)

now, that would be my motivation lol2.gif lol2.gif lol2.gif
Dr Evil
If you fly out, I'll buy you a beer.
Otmar
Count me in.
It's very local for me.
No hot coed this time, but hey, I've got a week, right? IPB Image
mightyohm
QUOTE (Dr Evil @ Dec 17 2004, 06:10 PM)
Boo-Ya, I am gonna be up there untill the 30th so I'm in. Hows about a free beer for the person who is traveling the furthest IPB Image (Shameless moocher)

Schweet! See you Mike, if you want to stop by my place I am in Mountain View (duh).
nebreitling
QUOTE (Jaiderenegadesimpson V8 914 @ Dec 17 2004, 06:14 PM)
Nathan,
How the MOMO seat workin out?

great, felix!

lots of fun to sit in and make "vroom-vroom" noises.
Dr Evil
Right on Jeff. I'll be there from X-mas on to the 30th. I'll have to call you as I will be in North SJ.
McMark
I'm in! I don't know if I'll have a 914 or not. IPB Image

Can't wait to move into the real shop so I don't have to work on my car outside. IPB Image
Jenny
count me in. IPB Image Won't be able to hang out too long since we'll have a new puppy @ home. IPB Image

Jen
Dave_Darling
QUOTE (jkeyzer @ Dec 17 2004, 05:57 PM)
Maybe DD can be our DD.

Nope, I won't be in the area so I won't be there. IPB Image

Instead, I will be consulting with my attorney on the island of Oahu. IPB Image

--DD
jimtab
I'll be there with wifey(DD) in tow, so I can get stupid if necessary, my last workday for the year is Wednesday, HO < HO : HO!
Brad Roberts
I'm in. I'll float it out there to a few 914 people in this area that dont visit the BBS often.

I'll need a reminder during the day of the 29th.

Oh.. I may invite hot chicks... but I promise none of them will show up with me... LOL or leave with me..

B
nine14cats
Hi Nathan,

Doris and I are in! IPB Image

Tied house....I'll eat, drink...drink...somemore....then drink....

Doris and eat like a bird and drive me home...

See you guys there!

Doris and Bill P.
neo914-6
Tied house....I'll eat, drink...drink...somemore....then drink....

Order the samplers, lot's of them... IPB Image
Wish I could join you, how about moving it up to Monday??? IPB Image
Felix
tiim5
Hi Guys, I can't make this event, (at the beach with family), can I suggest a gathering for January or Feb? I would suggest meeting in the Palo Alto area for a fun drive followed by lunch. I am thinking of begining in Portola Valley, driving up Page Mill Rd. to Skyline, then back down 84 through Portola Valley ending up at The Alpine Inn (also known as Rozzati's or Zot's) for lunch. Zot's is a Stanford hangout, used to be frequented by Hell's Angel's in years past. Great burgers and beer outdoor seating. This would be a great event, imho, for the warmers days as sitting out in the sunny patio with plenty of beer.... you get the idea. We could also meet at the Dutch Goose, close by and a funky burger beer joint.
We could extend the drive and go over Hwy 84 through Pescadero Valley, very pretty, and to the coast, Hwy 1 and back if we wished.
Just my thoughts as a newbie eager to drive my fresh Zambezi restoration. Thanks.
Dr Evil
Thats a great run, Ed. When I lived up there we would ride our motcycles all over the Santa Cruz hills. I really miss that area. You should post pics of your car soon. IPB Image
Jenny
QUOTE (nebreitling @ Dec 17 2004, 05:41 PM)
Jenny +1 (BF is required)

WTF is this (boyfriend is required) BS? Truth is, I haven't asked if he wants to go yet. I'm secretly hoping he says "No, but let me drop you off so you can get shit-faced, then give me a call and I'll pick you up." Stranger things have happened. IPB Image

Jen
Brad Roberts
Ed,

we have had 30-40 914's in that parking lot in years past. I'm sure we can do it again.

B
richardL
I'm in

R
butch
RSVP. I be there...
nebreitling
greetings from the land of trailer parks (feels good to be back home!). i'll update the list.

brad, you just get 'em there -- i'll work my magic*

jenny, just thought you might want a dude to pick all the nasty 914 guys off you! (actually, i just think brian is cool)

dorris, bill, jim, rich, butch: awesome IPB Image

*actually, i'll have my gf with me.
SirAndy
QUOTE (nebreitling @ Dec 23 2004, 04:35 PM)
actually, i'll have my gf with me.

well, that's new ...

IPB Image Andy
neo914-6
QUOTE (nebreitling @ Dec 23 2004, 04:35 PM)
actually, i'll have my gf with me.  

Too bad Nat, my brother-in-law's daughter is starting at Stanford. She's young, gorgeous, blonde, AND smart! IPB Image You sure you don't want to push it out to a post New Years dinner?

Felix
SilverBullet
I'll join in, sounds fun. IPB Image
SilverBullet
In addition to myself there'll be be one other 914 person traveling with me, so count him in too. IPB Image
GTeener
Great idea Nathan!

Thanks for organizing. RSVP - I'll be there.

Not sure I want to drive GTeener in the rain though. Her windows are leaky and she's got no horn these days IPB Image
theol00
I'll try to make it !
Mueller
IPB Image Count me in.......trying to talk the wife into going so that I have a designated driver IPB Image
mightyohm
Looks like my gf is coming too now so there will be 2 of us as well.

What's the count up to Nathan?
Jenny
I'm also dragging my brother along. So that'll be Jenny (plus 2)

Jen
nine14cats
Nathan,

Do a minus 2 for us...we can't make it IPB Image

Have a drink or two for us! IPB Image

Bill and Doris P.
Mueller
okay, me plus one....see you all tonight IPB Image
nebreitling
alright! just got back into town and excited to see the list grow! it's gonna be fun, and you can make fun of me in front of my girlfriend -- this'll be great!
Jenny
I'm assuming we've got the back patio as per usual? They don't like our kind in the main dining area. IPB Image IPB Image

Jen
SirAndy
QUOTE (Jenny @ Dec 29 2004, 10:53 AM)
They don't like our kind in the main dining area. IPB Image IPB Image

yeah baby!

IPB Imagetonight's the night

IPB Image Andy
Chris Julian
OK- looks like I am going to make to and have talked two other 914 guys as well. I look forward to seeing everyone there.
Are we parking the P-cars in front or back?

Chris
Jenny
More room around the back lot, methinks. Plus it's closer to the patio seating area.

Jen
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.