Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 1972 914 professional body job
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
jdlmodelt
1972 Porsche 914. Complete body inside/out medial blasted with walnut shell. Rust removed/replaced with new panels/metal. Underneath completely restored/recovered. The body work and paint were done by a professional body shop. New Mother of Pearl white paint job(approximately one year on the paint job), New tires(approximately 3kmiles on the tires), New headlights, new carpet, new stereo/speakers, new brake pads, new calipers, new rotors, new brake lines, new brake master cylinder, bumpers re-chromed, new shocks/struts, new suspension bushings. Original 1.7l engine with new pistons/rings/cylinders. New oil seals on engine and transmission. Original tail shift 5 speed manual transmission with new clutch. Gets 30-35mpg. 5spd manual transmission, new shifting bushings. Mag wheels(vintage Riviera style). New spark plugs/wires. Rebuilt fuel tank. New sound deadening material on interior floor of cabin. New sound insulation material on firewall in engine compartment. New alternator. This is a great car. I used it as a daily driver for over 1/2 year. This car has been VERY reliable. Interior is fine for being over 41 years old. Original seats with some minor re-upholstery work on center pads. Outlining vinyl of seat has some tears and holes. three small cracks in Dashboard. Clean car. VERY fun to drive. Since the engine is mid mounted it handles corners exceptionally well. Not sure of the actual mileage. Approximately 96k on original car when it was restored and now the odometer has rolled over to 3k currently. SO, approximately 6k on completely rebuilt car. The hell hole was rebuilt, Engmann stiffeners have been added. New Longs. new stainless fuel lines. Relocated front fuel pump upgrade. I converted the windshield wiper washer to an electric motor. This car is not perfect, but it is very nice. email me for pictures. call me with further questions. James 970.317.0894Click to view attachment
jdlmodelt
$5k on here.
ben*james
Take pics. Lots of pics. Nice looking car.
matthepcat
Cool color. Hood alignment looks a little off. Is this picture current?

Matt
jdlmodelt
QUOTE(matthepcat @ Oct 6 2013, 09:05 PM) *

Cool color. Hood alignment looks a little off. Is this picture current?

Picture was taken spring of this year. I bought the car with the body work already completed and just needing the wiring terminated and engine and tranny installed. And a few other odds and ends. I'm not real good on the hood, door type alignment adjustments. All I wanted was to get it to a daily driver status and achieved that and just enjoyed the rides.
Matt

jdlmodelt
more pics
jdlmodelt
more pics
jdlmodelt
more pics
IGTARD
shades.gif shades.gif shades.gif shades.gif Good picture of good stuff. How about some of the not so good stuff?I welcome.png Interior, alignment/ etc. Thanks sunglasses.gif sunglasses.gif sunglasses.gif sunglasses.gif
marcher
pm sent
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.