Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What would you do?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
IGTARD
shades.gif What would you do if a member "sold" you a 914 and then reneged on the deal after stringing you along for 6 months? shades.gif IGTARD
Mikey914
QUOTE(IGTARD @ Oct 7 2013, 12:43 AM) *

shades.gif What would you do if a member "sold" you a 914 and then reneged on the deal after stringing you along for 6 months? shades.gif IGTARD

I wouldn't be too happy about it, but there are other fish in the sea. I'm assuming it's not a take your cash and run deal, just a I'd like to sell and no contract or money changed hands.
Most of the guys here are pretty straight forward. I'm sure going into winter you will find another. Spring and summer tend to command a premium, so maybe you'll save some cash.
IGTARD
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Oct 7 2013, 12:53 AM) *

QUOTE(IGTARD @ Oct 7 2013, 12:43 AM) *

I wouldn't be too happy about it, but there are other fish in the sea. I'm assuming it's not a take your cash and run deal, just a I'd like to sell and no contract or money changed hands.
Most of the guys here are pretty straight forward. I'm sure going into winter you will find another. Spring and summer tend to command a premium, so maybe you'll save some cash.

Mikey914, Thanks, I've been around long enough to have protected myself. It's just that it was a opportunity I've been looking for for years. A great base '76 2.0 in a basket that I could put on the road as a daily driver for $10K total. This guy had such a great name and experience I never saw this coming. IGTARD mad.gif [font=Times New Roman][size=7]
Razorbobsr
QUOTE(IGTARD @ Oct 7 2013, 03:43 AM) *

You can buy mine, no sweat! Bob
Jgilliam914
If the transaction went on for 6 months and it was never consummated. You should have seen this coming. Live and learn. I am sure a better deal for a better car will happen soon enough at least it always has for me. beer.gif
lsintampa
QUOTE(IGTARD @ Oct 7 2013, 03:43 AM) *

Any reason given for the member changing his / her mind?

Usually when someone decides to sell a car they do. Maybe a better offer came along?

Not much you can do, except march onward. Its too bad it happened.
carr914
QUOTE(Jgilliam914 @ Oct 7 2013, 08:16 AM) *

If the transaction went on for 6 months and it was never consummated. You should have seen this coming.

agree.gif

If you want a Car, Buy it. Don't wait for the Stars & Planets to align!
rhodyguy
was your money returned?
R8CERX
....after all you got your health, your family, a job or not, whatever you have to cherish...

It is only a car and there are plenty if deals that are or will be right for you...

Let it go .... Enjoy the search

Buddha
beer3.gif
7TPorsh
QUOTE(carr914 @ Oct 7 2013, 06:45 AM) *

QUOTE(Jgilliam914 @ Oct 7 2013, 08:16 AM) *

If the transaction went on for 6 months and it was never consummated. You should have seen this coming.

agree.gif

If you want a Car, Buy it. Don't wait for the Stars & Planets to align!

Hey Jim...I'll tend to agree with these guys. You saw and drove my car months ago after speaking with me for over a month or two. You were interested but.....no go.

You maybe found the car you are talking about? Why did you not pull the trigger right then?

My advise is if you have the desire to get into this "world" and you have money in hand and you have a car in front of you...go for it?

Why does it take months to buy a car? Especially one of these?
Spoke
When I bought my '86 930, it was on the market for a few months.

I talked to the seller and he said he had a local guy (I'm in PA, car was in CO) who had to sell his Benz first then he would buy the car.

I told him that I would be in town in 4 days with cash in hand. He sold it to me.
Ferg
You are pretty short on details of said transaction for anyone to draw any conclusions.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.