Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB: REAR ALIGNMENT SHIMS
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
malcolm2
Anyone have some for sale? I have 2 installed, and have rounded up 1 extra so far. Not sure how many I need, but I would hate to run short at the alignment shop.

There were 2 on the car when I took it apart. I put them back for safe keeping. What is a typical need for a Daily Driver?

I pulled this picture from Ebay or some other site months ago, they are not mine.

Click to view attachment
914werke
I have a bunch smile.gif
Let me know which & how many

bye1.gif
Milsha12
As far as how many you need, I'm no expert, but from the posts I have read, it sounds like a good idea to have at least two of each size available for the shop in case they need them. They came in 2mm, 3mm, and 4mm thick.

Hopefully someone with more experience than me will chime in to agree or offer an alternate suggestion.
Milsha12
For what it's worth on price reference ...

On the samba, some people want $15 - $30 each for these. AA is in that range also. One seller is asking $5 each.

I sold mine for $4 each + shipping and have seen others also sell them for $4 - $6 each + shipping ($6 flat rate will ship quite a few). I think that may be the best deal you will find, unless you find someone who feels charitable at the moment and wants to give them away for free or really cheap.
sbsix
contact bruce stone in this forum for shims; good prices, great guy.
malcolm2
QUOTE(sbsix @ Oct 8 2013, 11:04 AM) *

Bruce said he had quite a few, but all 2mm. Seemed like a good price from him too. I have 3 now and I believe they are all 2mm.

2 are mounted and I did not measure them 1st. the 3rd is 2mm. So I may have enough of that size. That is why I am curious about qty. If the car only had 2 in it, on one side, how much more could I need? I did not need to make any repairs to that attachment point of the car. So the difference between before repair and after in that area, should be small.

AA is making reproductions of each size. They sell a set of 4, I believe (maybe 3), all different thicknesses... $40. Each mm = 10 degrees. From that, it would lead me to believe that is all you might need. But then to wonder if it is needed on each side... confused24.gif $80 for shims I might not need, then $200 to align..... driving.gif
sbsix
QUOTE(malcolm2 @ Oct 8 2013, 09:10 AM) *

QUOTE(sbsix @ Oct 8 2013, 11:04 AM) *

Bruce said he had quite a few, but all 2mm. Seemed like a good price from him too. I have 3 now and I believe they are all 2mm.

2 are mounted and I did not measure them 1st. the 3rd is 2mm. So I may have enough of that size. That is why I am curious about qty. If the car only had 2 in it, on one side, how much more could I need? I did not need to make any repairs to that attachment point of the car. So the difference between before repair and after in that area, should be small.

AA is making reproductions of each size. They sell a set of 4, I believe (maybe 3), all different thicknesses... $40. Each mm = 10 degrees. From that, it would lead me to believe that is all you might need. But then to wonder if it is needed on each side... confused24.gif $80 for shims I might not need, then $200 to align..... driving.gif

You could give Jim a call at EASY in Emoryville, CA. Another good source, although he is running short on 914 parts these days.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.