Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Main bearing info on box
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
All,
Can someone educate me on what this box of bearings is telling me?

Back ground info: dropped of crank that had 10 under the mains and had standard rods.
The above parts were dropped off with a case , machine shop line bored and provide me the above box of bearings …. Yes I gave them the crank and rods too.
Can I use these bearings based on the above info?
Thanks in advance
Jake Raby
.020 on the OD (1st cut on the case)
.010 on the ID (1st cut on the crank)
STD thrust deck
QUOTE(Jake Raby @ Oct 8 2013, 03:30 AM) *

STD thrust deck

Jake thanks for the reply. If I interpret this correctly ,they had to line bore the case .020 to accommodate the .010 on the crank for me to utilize these bearings?
JStroud
QUOTE(396 @ Oct 8 2013, 06:56 AM) *

STD thrust deck

Jake thanks for the reply. If I interpret this correctly ,they had to line bore the case .020 to accommodate the .010 on the crank for me to utilize these bearings?

They probably line bored the case to straighten the bore, the .020 oversize on the bearing is to make up the material lost line boring, the crank was cut down .010 so the bearings are oversized 0.10 on the crank contact surface again to make up for the material taken off the crank.

So basically they gave to bearings to fit your line bored case and ground down crank.

Hope that explains it

Jeff
QUOTE(jsconst @ Oct 8 2013, 07:05 AM) *

QUOTE(396 @ Oct 8 2013, 06:56 AM) *

STD thrust deck

They probably line bored the case to straighten the bore, the .020 oversize on the bearing is to make up the material lost line boring, the crank was cut down .010 so the bearings are oversized 0.10 on the crank contact surface again to make up for the material taken off the crank.

So basically they gave to bearings to fit your line bored case and ground down crank.

Hope that explains it

Jeff

Thanks!!!! Being that I'm just a want to be engine builder - that's what I wanted to confirm. I feel much better piratenanner.gif ...YA!

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.