Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Buck skin seats
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
rfinegan
My 75 915 has a tear in the bolster of the drivers seat that I would like to get repaired. I found a shop that will do the work here in Raleigh NC but the choices for materials is very limited. Does anyone have a source for replacement vinyl that is a good match for the original buck skin?

-Robert
JawjaPorsche
Have you tried this link? They have kits your shop can install.

http://www.worlduph.com/porsche/914_916/

If not duct tape comes in all colors! biggrin.gif
DBCooper
Those kits are a pretty good solution if you can do them yourself. I have that same interior and for repairs or partials TMI has perfect replacement materials. And best thing, they'll send you FREE SWATCHES so you can compare and know you have the right match. Try TMI VW Upholstery

You see TMI materials in upholstery shops, so they're good, but a bit expensive at $50 a yard. That's standard VW bug material, the smooth vinyl and the box weave (75-76), so you can get it for half that at some other VW bug suppliers. But wherever you go I'd ask for a swatch first, because matching old vinyl isn't easy.

r_towle
World upholstery. They have all of it
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.