Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 Black Bucket seats
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
chipparmelly
Bucket seats from a 73 914. These seats are in excellent condition without any wear marks, tears or scuffs. They look nearly new! Looking to get $550 but want to sell!
bandjoey
Hi Chipp...this doesn't look like original material with slick surface, or is it the lighting?. Is it a recover? Thanks for the update.
chipparmelly
I believe the inserts are after market as well as the seat cushions covers.
They are in very good conditon but I am sure they are not original as they are smooth covers without the mesh look.

Thanks,

QUOTE(bandjoey @ Oct 8 2013, 02:51 PM) *

Hi Chipp...this doesn't look like original material with slick surface, or is it the lighting?. Is it a recover? Thanks for the update.

QUOTE(bandjoey @ Oct 8 2013, 03:51 PM) *

They look as though he just painted them.
McMark
Or they're saturated in ArmorAll.
wes
The photo with cardboard used for painting something and overly shiny seats gives people ???
ben*james

QUOTE(396 @ Oct 10 2013, 07:26 AM) *

QUOTE(bandjoey @ Oct 8 2013, 03:51 PM) *

They look as though he just painted them.

agree.gif agree.gif what gave you a clue, the shine or the cardboard under the seats with the overspray? WTF.gif
tweet
I hope he used a good adhesive promoter and quality vinyl dye. It is possible to restore the vinyl through a thorough scrubbing, prep work, and the correct finishing materials. If however, this wasn't the procedure, it will just flake off in time.
Evil914
QUOTE(McMark @ Oct 10 2013, 07:58 PM) *

Or they're saturated in ArmorAll.

Ewwwwww I hate that slimey stuff!!!! Nothing looks more fake than shiny tires,dashs etc. barf.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.