Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Excellence Magazine
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ThinAir
My February 2005 Excellence arrived in the mailbox today - bent, folded, shredded by the post office and absolutely unreadable in this condition. Looking at the masthead it appears that there is no way to contact Excellence by email about this. In fact, it looks like Excellence doesn't even have a web page. How can this be? Does anyone know how to contact Excellence or do I really have to write them a letter like it says? It's hard to believe that I can't handle this by email. How can a magazine like Excellence not have a web site?
URY914
I think they do have one now. Try Googling them.
Jeroen
here ya go...

http://www.excellence-mag.com/
Doug Leggins
I just visited the Excellence web site. There is an email contact on the page.

Thanks for posting the link. I have been wanting to sign up for a subscription and just did.
ejm
Mine arrived safely today...thank you USPS smile.gif

Great article on the Max Moritz 914-6 GT
rick 918-S
QUOTE(ejm @ Dec 18 2004, 07:45 AM)
Mine arrived safely today...thank you USPS smile.gif

Great article on the Max Moritz 914-6 GT

agree.gif monkeydance.gif And the 928 stuff always gets my attension wub.gif
skline
I am actually a little dissapointed, I only received the free copy and it was Novembers issue in October. I sent in the subscription form with a check and it was cashed but I have not got another copy since the first free one. What is up with that???
ThinAir
QUOTE(Jeroen @ Dec 18 2004, 05:28 AM)

Thanks! I had tried Googling for it, but couldn't find anything on it. I figured searching for "Excellence Magazine" or "Excellence Magazine Porsche" should have come up with something!

I knew that Pete hung out here so I figured that there was a chance he would see it and respond.

Anyway - I mailed the contact to see if we can get it handled through email. I'm not feeling too good about using USPS these days!
seanery
Scott,
Excellence is not a 12 issues/year mag, I think it's 9. I think you signed up right when the off month happened. You should get your soon.
Yeah, this month's is great. I love living in Indiana, I get my before most everyone else!!
skline
Well, I paid for 2 years. I guess I should have read more closely. I can wait. Maybe it will come today.
GWN7
Don't feel bad, I got mine last week....the December issue. It did arrive in great shape tho.
skline
I never got a December issue. Only November. Now I am starting to worry.
skline
Let me correct that last statement, I got an October issue and a December issue, no November issue and nothing since. Maybe there wanst a November issue and no January issue. So February is the one coming and should be here anytime. That would make sense. Actually, The October issue was the one Mrs K gave me with the WCC04 in it so that one doesnt count.
RAR
Is Excellence a twelve issue magazine? I forget, but it might be only nine. Mine always arrive in primo shape. Those drilled door handles on the MM 914-6 were totally cool.
GWN7
From page #2 "published monthly except January, March and July".
horizontally-opposed
Sorry I missed this post! Been a little busy lately!

Anyway, you can also call (415) 382-0580 and ask for Angela to get a damaged issue replaced. USPS is about as good as it gets for delivery (far better than our experiences with UPS IPB Image IPB Image but an odd magazine gets trashed from time to time. We replace them, free of charge of course, for subscribers.

skline, thanks for subscribing and if you missed that Dec. issue, PM me and I'll fill the gap between the free one and the Feb issue personally.

Merry Christmas to all,

pete
Scott Carlberg
QUOTE (horizontally-opposed @ Dec 21 2004, 02:00 PM)
Sorry I missed this post! Been a little busy lately!

Anyway, you can also call (415) 382-0580 and ask for Angela to get a damaged issue replaced. USPS is about as good as it gets for delivery (far better than our experiences with UPS IPB Image IPB Image but an odd magazine gets trashed from time to time. We replace them, free of charge of course, for subscribers.

skline, thanks for subscribing and if you missed that Dec. issue, PM me and I'll fill the gap between the free one and the Feb issue personally.

Merry Christmas to all,

pete

I remember the trouble that Excellene had with UPS about, umm, 2yrs ago.
They put this 1/2 page note on the Classifieds page, apologizing for the majority of the classifieds NOT being there.
They were thanking ups and mentioned FedEx here we come.

it was quite funny.

I just rec'd my Excellence issue, 8 Twin Turbo 996's on the cover, yesterday dec 20th.
What a wonderful Christmas gift! IPB Image

Now if someone would just drop off a 996tt.... IPB Image

Oh, one more thing..... PLEASE do more issues a year,
cause weekly would be completely out of the question, right? IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image
Rhodes71/914
Excellence is currently the only mag that I have a subscription to.
My 3 y/o son and I browse through it the day it arrives, we both love it.
EdwardBlume
The only complaint I have with Excellence is that I can't find a way to throw them out. I enjoy them so much, I have this massive stack of back issues that I figure will come in handy some day. In 30 years I'll have my own dedicated Excellence room.

(Not meant to be an overly gratuitous endorsement)
watsonrx13
Thanks for this posting, I've gone to the link and requested my 'free' copy.

Because of all of the positive reviews on the BBS, I'll be dropping my subscription to European Car and going with Excellence...

Any of the vendors that support the 914 community, with positive feedback from this forum, will be getting a slice of my money, eventually.

Keep up the good work guys... IPB Image
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.