Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: CV bolt washers
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Elliot Cannon
This is the second time I have ordered CV bolt washers from Pelican. The picture on the left is what they sent me for the second time. The picture with the quarter in it is the picture on their website. The Home Depot looking washers have a Porsche part number. Is this what Porsche is really using for lock washers for the CV bolts? Should I trust these or stick with Shnore (sp) washers?
r_towle
Use the schnoor washers, send the other ones back to Wayne with a nice letter.
Mike Bellis
PM me your address and how many you need and I'll send them to you. You owe me a beer sometime. beerchug.gif
914_teener
QUOTE(scotty boy @ Oct 8 2013, 07:08 PM) *

McMaster-Carr $10 for 100 McMaster.com

Yep....that is what they put in the CV boots from the Bird.

I put em in the trash can.

Mike Bellis
You can buy them from that Girl for $10 each... poke.gif
euro911
Ouch, Mike sad.gif

laugh.gif

KaptKaos also got those star washers with a set of bolts he bought from Pelican.

agree.gif I think Wayne needs to know that they're not acceptable slap.gif
jimkelly
I just found them on McMaster site, they call them, Belleville Spring Lock Washers, but which size ??
type47
QUOTE(jimkelly @ Oct 9 2013, 02:31 AM) *

I just found them on McMaster site, they call them, Belleville Spring Lock Washers, but which size ??

M8? (5/16")
JmuRiz
If someone local buys a bunch of them, I'll buy a few off of you. I found a couple missing when I dropped my engine.
JStroud
QUOTE(euro911 @ Oct 9 2013, 01:03 AM) *

Ouch, Mike sad.gif

laugh.gif

KaptKaos also got those star washers with a set of bolts he bought from Pelican.

Seems if a site is selling products for a certain car or model, they would make sure it was the proper product for the car. Getting the wrong item....especially if the picture shows the correct part is bad business. WTF.gif

I bought a condenser from them, wire wasn't long enough to fit the distributer and mount it....had to get one from Napa.....been very disappointed in the Bird.

Jeff
rhodyguy
#93501A030. 5/16" screw sz, .331" id, .512"od, .0280" min thickness.
DBCooper
Duh. And yes, you can quote me.
Mark Henry
Anyone have 16 (or 32 for spares) schnoor washers for the 10mm CV bolt?
Let me know how much, shipped to Canada, but shouldn't cost much to toss them in an envelope.
SLITS
I take it no one wants to buy from A&P Girl (914cental I think). She had them.
Eric_Shea
QUOTE(Mark Henry @ Oct 9 2013, 09:02 AM) *

Let me know how much, shipped to Canada, but shouldn't cost much to toss them in an envelope.

Covered.

Address?
ConeDodger
QUOTE(kg6dxn @ Oct 8 2013, 06:16 PM) *

You can buy them from that Girl for $10 each... poke.gif

I wouldn't buy even free stuff from that Girl... dry.gif
McMark
QUOTE(Mark Henry @ Oct 9 2013, 08:02 AM) *

Yup. PM me an address.
QUOTE(jsconst @ Oct 9 2013, 06:41 AM) *

QUOTE(euro911 @ Oct 9 2013, 01:03 AM) *

Ouch, Mike sad.gif

laugh.gif

Seems if a site is selling products for a certain car or model, they would make sure it was the proper product for the car. Getting the wrong item....especially if the picture shows the correct part is bad business. WTF.gif

I bought a condenser from them, wire wasn't long enough to fit the distributer and mount it....had to get one from Napa.....been very disappointed in the Bird.

Jeff

I think its what happens to business that some times over extend themselves into other markets / car makers.... you end up with staff / suppliers that some time 'over look' the item.
What is interesting is the other day I called and attempted to order the four rubber seals around the windage tray...I explained where it went and he still did not have a clue what I was taking about ( item was not listed on their website ). I thank him and called Fat in Orange - they responded yes we have those when I inquired. Took a little drive down to pick them up.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.