Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB Triad Muffler for 1.8
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
aaronc70
Looking to buy a used Triad exhaust for my 75 1.8L 914. Anyone willing to part with one that's in descent shape?
pm or call if so, thanks!

865-250-4381
rhodyguy
i don't think dave is producing muffler systems for the late version 75/76 heat exchangers. wrong flange shape. prob best to contact dave directly. triad has a thread in the member vendor forum. you need to know EXACTLY what version of h.e. are currently on your car prior to contact.
aaronc70
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Oct 9 2013, 10:06 AM) *

i don't think dave is producing muffler systems for the late version 75/76 heat exchangers. wrong flange shape. prob best to contact dave directly. triad has a thread in the member vendor forum. you need to know EXACTLY what version of h.e. are currently on your car prior to contact.

Dang, well that stinks. I just bought a set of 1.8 Stainless HE's. I'll check the vendor forum as you recommend above. Any recommnedations on a better mufffler than stock? As I understand it, the stock muffler causes the 1.8 engine to retain heat and not function as well as it could.

Aaron
rhodyguy
ok. you have backdated heat exchangers? the pre 75' versions? if so, i think dave might be able to help you. at least you can get the fitment info from him. i think he's now making systems for the early 1.7/1.8 he's.

k
rfinegan
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Oct 9 2013, 06:33 AM) *

ok. you have backdated heat exchangers? the pre 75' versions? if so, i think dave might be able to help you. at least you can get the fitment info from him. i think he's now making systems for the early 1.7/1.8 he's.

k

Dave made me a triad for my 75 with the 3 bolt "round flange" I love mine

-Robert

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1lEXBFrMIL8
euro911
I have a Triad dual outlet muffler (including the dual cut out rear valance) that will be available soon, but it's for the 2.0L HEs.
aaronc70
QUOTE(euro911 @ Oct 13 2013, 02:12 AM) *

I have a Triad dual outlet muffler (including the dual cut out rear valance) that will be available soon, but it's for the 2.0L HEs.

Yeah I don't think it will work with my new 1.8 HE's, thanks for posting though.

r,
Aaron
Chris H.
Call Dave at Triad. It's just a matter of making an exhaust with a different flange and angle/end length. He makes them to order for the most part so chances are he'll do what you want. I know he will make one for the earlier style 1.7/1.8 flanges (2 holes per side), and if he will also do the single-hole triangular flange that's all there is! Just 3 types.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.