Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Indianapolis area 914 sighting
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Java2570
I know there aren't many Indianapolis area 914 owners on here, but I followed a black '72 (I think)
this morning on the way to work in Carmel, IN. It is gorgeous here today and it made me wish I
would've driven mine to work too! The car had new temp plates.....anyone here?
I had my phone stuffed in my pocket so I couldn't get it to take a photo..... driving.gif
Razorbobsr
QUOTE(Java2570 @ Oct 9 2013, 02:49 PM) *

I know there aren't many Indianapolis area 914 owners on here, but I followed a black '72 (I think)
this morning on the way to work in Carmel, IN. It is gorgeous here today and it made me wish I
would've driven mine to work too! The car had new temp plates.....anyone here?
I had my phone stuffed in my pocket so I couldn't get it to take a photo..... driving.gif

Java2570
Bob - sorry, I don't know of anyone looking for a car right now. Not many here in
Indiana that even seem to know about 914's. I would take a ton of photos, write up a really detailed summary of the car's history and place an ad on Samba. At least you
would reach a larger base than just here on this site. Or, tag team with a bunch of ads on different websites. If I had your car and was motivated to sell, that's what I would do anyway..... Jon
914_teener
I have an aunt that live is "Carmel" IN.

I always get a kick on how the Hoosier's say it. Carmel as in the candy.

Where we here on the Left Coast say Car-Mel. The inflection on the last syllable.
Java2570
QUOTE(914_teener @ Oct 10 2013, 10:55 AM) *

I have an aunt that live is "Carmel" IN.

I always get a kick on how the Hoosier's say it. Carmel as in the candy.

Where we here on the Left Coast say Car-Mel. The inflection on the last syllable.

HA HA you know we all say the same thing about you guys! But that's ok, I only work
in Carmel, and there's lots to make fun of here in Indiana! For instance, lots of people here
seem to insert an 'R' into the the word wash.....warsh....crazy! As long as we can laugh about
it, it's all good! beerchug.gif
Razorbobsr
QUOTE(Java2570 @ Oct 10 2013, 10:51 AM) *

Bob - sorry, I don't know of anyone looking for a car right now. Not many here in
Indiana that even seem to know about 914's. I would take a ton of photos, write up a really detailed summary of the car's history and place an ad on Samba. At least you
would reach a larger base than just here on this site. Or, tag team with a bunch of ads on different websites. If I had your car and was motivated to sell, that's what I would do anyway..... Jon

I thought Samba only allowed you to sell VW stuff? Never thought of trying that tho! Samba I mean. I agree, when I am out with the car rolling around ...... All I see are nose pickers/S kickers giving me that W.T.F look. Bob
Java2570
Nope, Samba has classifieds for Porsche as well...air cooled only though!!
Eric_Shea
Bob, can you do us a favor and not post a "For Sale" plug in every thread? Not trying to be mean, it's just getting old.

Put a great price on it and hit eBay etc.

Thanks. Sorry.
Razorbobsr
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Oct 10 2013, 03:35 PM) *

Bob, can you do us a favor and not post a "For Sale" plug in every thread? Not trying to be mean, it's just getting old.

Put a great price on it and hit eBay etc.

Thanks. Sorry.

Yup, can do.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.