Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Seat Adjustments
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
lsintampa
I'm test fitting my seats and I'm having an issue with the left (driver side) seat.

The right seat is fine - it slides all the way back until the back of the seat is up against the rear padding.

The driver seat however doesn't slide all the way back to the padding. It stops (hard stop) with about 2 more inches to go.

I'm not sure why it is doing that, but I need that extra room.

Is there something I'm missing?

Is there a right and left seat?

Thanks,

Len
ThePaintedMan
So it bolted in okay after we did that welding Len? That's a good sign.

Check that the bolts are not somehow interfering with the track on the seat. I had that problem with mine when I had the wrong combination of bolt length and/or washers.

With that aftermarket style hinge that we welded in, you might end up having to do a little trimming to the bolt to make sure it's not causing interference. An easy way to check would be to paint the top of the bolts, then slam the seat back all the way. If any of the paint is missing, then it's the bolt.
lsintampa
QUOTE(ThePaintedMan @ Oct 9 2013, 04:39 PM) *

So it bolted in okay after we did that welding Len? That's a good sign.

Check that the bolts are not somehow interfering with the track on the seat. I had that problem with mine when I had the wrong combination of bolt length and/or washers.

With that aftermarket style hinge that we welded in, you might end up having to do a little trimming to the bolt to make sure it's not causing interference. An easy way to check would be to paint the top of the bolts, then slam the seat back all the way. If any of the paint is missing, then it's the bolt.

George,

The seat rails aren't getting that far back to reach the hinge. Stops before it gets to that point.

ThePaintedMan
The "teeth" on one side of the seat bottom slider that engage the holes in the seat rail sometimes don't disengage fully. You might have to bend that arm a little to make sure they fully disengage when you pull up on the slider handle.

I'm not sure but I think the other side of the slider, the "safety" one that has the stop that keeps the seat from sliding all the way out, can potentially do the same thing.
luskesq
If they are stock seats there is a left and right. Left has a bit more room for accessing the emergency brake. Don't think that is you issue however. I'd double check (perhaps what George was saying) the bolt/screws that attach to the track to make sure there is no interence.

Keith
lsintampa
QUOTE(luskesq @ Oct 9 2013, 05:38 PM) *

If they are stock seats there is a left and right. Left has a bit more room for accessing the emergency brake. Don't think that is you issue however. I'd double check (perhaps what George was saying) the bolt/screws that attach to the track to make sure there is no interence.

Keith

The rails on the seats don't make it to the hinge so, it can't be the bolts that attach to the track.
shuie
See if you can reach up under the LH side half of the rail that is mounted to the seat. There is a flat spring on mine that catches on the DS recliner frame in my car. That may not be the same issue you are having, but it sounds similar to what happens with mine
michael7810
Can't remember exactly but mine was doing the same thing. Drivers side wound not go back all the way and hit a hard stop. IIRC - the spring plate/stop was installed facing the wrong direction. I turned it around and it works just fine.
lsintampa
QUOTE(michael7810 @ Oct 9 2013, 09:05 PM) *

Can't remember exactly but mine was doing the same thing. Drivers side wound not go back all the way and hit a hard stop. IIRC - the spring plate/stop was installed facing the wrong direction. I turned it around and it works just fine.

Yup,

The left rail was installed in the wrong direction. The seats were redone and the rails were off, easy to get them turned around.

All is fine - thanks!
ThePaintedMan
QUOTE(lsintampa @ Oct 10 2013, 10:36 AM) *

Yup,

The left rail was installed in the wrong direction. The seats were redone and the rails were off, easy to get them turned around.

All is fine - thanks!

headbang.gif Doh, totally forgot that you had them redone. Good call Michael.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.