Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Sepia Brown
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
shuie
Does anyone have any pictures of a 914 in Sepia that they are willing to share?

TIA
SirAndy
QUOTE(shuie @ Oct 9 2013, 02:21 PM) *
Does anyone have any pictures of a 914 in Sepia that they are willing to share?

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

Ferg
Few that I quickly found...

http://members.rennlist.com/gman/porsche/74_2.0/

http://porsche914.wordpress.com/

JawjaPorsche
drooley.gif
7TPorsh
oh my....can't say I care for this color. Nice on a 911 though. but on a 14...hmmm
JmuRiz
Not even sure I like it on a 911...saying that, my brother might keep his 911 that color just for the vanity plate options smile.gif
Cairo94507
My first 914, which I bought new, was a '73 2.0 appearance group car in Sepia Brown. I really liked it but some likened it to fresh puppy poo.....just saying.
dlkawashima
Click to view attachment
dlkawashima
Click to view attachment
dlkawashima
Click to view attachment
Dave_Darling
Weren't all the Sepia Brown cars special orders?

--DD
SirAndy
QUOTE(Dave_Darling @ Oct 9 2013, 10:10 PM) *
Weren't all the Sepia Brown cars special orders?

Ayupp, they're all 98/L98 codes ...
cheer.gif
Jgilliam914
For years I thought the color was called Turd Brown laugh.gif I knew 2 owners of 911's and that's what they called it. I had never seen a 914 this color till these pic's appeared. It is very special indeed piratenanner.gif
shuie
Great pictures. Thanks again.

My '71 was originally Sepia. My last '72 911 was Sepia also. I really like the color even though it's obviously not the most desirable early '70s Porsche color.

Is there a difference between the 98 & L98 option codes?
Eric_Shea
QUOTE(Jgilliam914 @ Oct 10 2013, 03:55 AM) *

For years I thought the color was called Turd Brown laugh.gif I knew 2 owners of 911's and that's what they called it. I had never seen a 914 this color till these pic's appeared. It is very special indeed piratenanner.gif

Ferg, pay no mind to Jerry. He's mean and hurtful and has driving lights in his RS front spoiler. biggrin.gif
euro911
You can kind of mix your own color in the 914 Visualizer smile.gif ... This is as close to sepia I could get it to do.

Click to view attachment
Ferg
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Oct 10 2013, 10:25 AM) *

Ferg, pay no mind to Jerry. He's mean and hurtful and has driving lights in his RS front spoiler. biggrin.gif

laugh.gif Mine is Bitter Chocolate, less baby poop, more skidmark huh.gif

Driving lights Oui slap.gif
puffinator
QUOTE(Ferg @ Oct 10 2013, 04:43 PM) *

QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Oct 10 2013, 10:25 AM) *

laugh.gif Mine is Bitter Chocolate, less baby poop, more skidmark huh.gif

Driving lights Oui slap.gif

Had a Sepia Brown 72 E targa and still love the color. I think the 914 looks great in Sepia

Cupomeat
QUOTE(dlkawashima @ Oct 10 2013, 01:06 AM) *

That is a beautiful car.

Thanks!
Ferg
I'd love to learn that they made a Bitter Chocolate 914, I've never seen or heard of one, much darker richer then Sepia. Love both colors.

My old 73.5 T Sepia

Click to view attachment

And Bitter Chocolate

Click to view attachment
turk22
QUOTE(dlkawashima @ Oct 10 2013, 01:00 AM) *

I just wanted to see this picture again.. don't care what anybody thinks, that is a fine looking 914, and I love the brown, with the tan interior..

Turk

EDIT: nevermind... huh.gif (didn't post the picture...damn)
ConeDodger
That picture of the number 70 car is Mike Willis (chili). I believe he is the original owner. It is kept in a climate controlled storage facility in downtown Sac between play dates. It has a webcam pointed at itso daddy can see baby any time he wants. It is probably the nicest narrow body I've seen. I believe it's for sale too... Check the PCA classifieds.
jcd914
Click to view attachment

This was the exact car I thought of when I first saw this thread.
It is indeed a beautiful car and Mike is very particular about it.
It one of the few cars I was always a little afraid to work on when it came into the shop.

Jim
Dave_Darling
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Oct 10 2013, 05:14 PM) *

That picture of the number 70 car is Mike Willis (chili).

Yup, he special-ordered it back when. I haven't talked to him in quite a few years...

--DD
Gradskater
QUOTE(dlkawashima @ Oct 9 2013, 10:06 PM) *

not a big deal, but that's a photoshopped pic of my car. Original here.

IPB Image

yeah, she's pretty smile.gif
chilli
QUOTE(jcd914 @ Oct 10 2013, 07:13 PM) *

Click to view attachment

It one of the few cars I was always a little afraid to work on when it came into the shop.

Jim

Yep correct, Sepia Brown was a "paint to match" from the factory. I bought this car new in Hollywood was daily driver for about 2 years. This picture is 3-4 years old.

However the paint is 90% original and interior is original. This a not a restored 914.
And is for sale, NOT cheap. smile.gif smile.gif
Dave_Darling
Hi, Chilli! smile.gif wavey.gif

--DD
chilli
QUOTE(Dave_Darling @ Oct 11 2013, 03:25 PM) *

Hi, Chilli! smile.gif wavey.gif

--DD

Hi dave been awhile,

mike
Dtjaden
I had a 1976 Sepia in the day. My wife of the time needed a d.d. So I traded it for a new Audi 4000 in Lawrence MA. And so it goes...
914Next
QUOTE(chilli @ Oct 11 2013, 06:02 PM) *

Click to view attachment

Jim

Yep correct, Sepia Brown was a "paint to match" from the factory. I bought this car new in Hollywood was daily driver for about 2 years. This picture is 3-4 years old.

However the paint is 90% original and interior is original. This a not a restored 914.

Care to share more details? Someone said it is for sale in PCA classifieds but I did not see it. Thanks.
billh1963
QUOTE(914Next @ Aug 15 2016, 08:59 PM) *

QUOTE(chilli @ Oct 11 2013, 06:02 PM) *

Click to view attachment

Jim

Care to share more details? Someone said it is for sale in PCA classifieds but I did not see it. Thanks.

That post Is 3 years old......
porschetub
Oh dear septic poo brown.....
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.