Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS: Wrecked original -6 *sold*
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
'73-914kid
Well, plans have changed with me for this car.. I'm happy with where my daily driver car is now, and am in need of the garage space and money.. So, the -6 I bought a while back is going up for sale.

I'm looking to see $6500 for the car as is. We can work things out for the wheels and gearbox if a party was interested in that. Shoot me an offer, or let me know if you'd like to take a look at the car. It is in Vista, and while I won't be home for another 2.5 weeks or so, my dad would be more than happy to show the car.

This car is one of maybe 2 or 3 that were given membership into the R Gruppe 911 crowd.. That probably doesn't mean a whole lot, but there is quite a bit of provenance behind this car in the world of 911's to my knowledge.

Pm's are great, but if you're serious about the car, please send me a text, or call me at 760-908-9125. Quicker contact, and easier to answer questions this way.

This is how it looked pre-accident:
IPB Image

Long story short, the car is a salvage title, and needs a front clip and a celette bench to put it perfectly straight again. I do believe this car is a prime candidate for turning into a GT-replica using real factory GT parts give the amount of metal work that will be needed to repair the front end damage. Or, for that person looking for a resto project on an original light ivory car, There are a lot of original parts.

While it is a salvaged title, All of the paperwork for the car is in order, and was placed in non-op to prevent any DMV penalties/fees. This car was evaluated by a shop in Escondido that has done similar repairs, and said that is was a very fixable candidate if the front clip and fenders were replaced.

It will be sold as a roller, without gearbox and engine. The original 6 gearbox is currently in my car, and the engine was a non-matching Mag case 2.7. I can include the other gearbox if you can provide me a solid shifting non-6 box with stock gear ratios.

The good on the car:
-All original early vin -6.
-Interior is almost all there (Passenger seat was converted to a slider and the back pad was changed to a late pad
-Not a single crack in the dash
-Still have hand throttle, which works
- Everything is almost completely original, I have the original toolkit, factory maintenance records back from when the car was purchased, and the original owners manual.
-Very little to no rust on the entire car. As far as I know, the car started out it's life in California.
-Original Racemark steering wheel.

The damage consists of very evidently being run into a telephone pole. It pulled the fender into the door on the passenger side, which was cut to allow the passenger door to open. It also twisted the car minimally, hence the need for a celette bench. The windshield was not broken upon the accident, however it was cracked due to the removal of the aluminum trim for the windshield. It was pitted and rough anyways.

The car will be sold without the factory oil tank, and factory heat exchangers, however, everything else that is original and 6 specific is still on the car. The rear bumper is also an original painted early bumper that is darn near perfect, and would be an awesome candidate to be chromed.

The car was on 14" front wheels and 15x6's in the rear. I can include the other set of 14"s with the car if desired.

IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
rick 918-S
text sent smile.gif

Edit: Tried to call you but I received a message that your number is not in service. Call me if you see this.

218-428-3538
gcrotvik
Here's your doner car for repair: http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=220728

Smoking deal.
rick 918-S
Thanks for the call Ethan. Deal pending assimilate.gif
Ferg
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Oct 11 2013, 08:55 AM) *

aktion035.gif I was hoping this would happen.
'73-914kid
It's going to be in good hands. I really look forward to seeing it go through the restoration process beer.gif
Eric_Shea
smilie_pokal.gif

As sad as I am to see that wreck, knowing it's in good hands helps.

Now... that said and meant with heartfelt sincerity, THAT is one comical wreck. That bend almost looks like a cartoon! biggrin.gif
scotty b
QUOTE(Ferg @ Oct 11 2013, 08:58 AM) *

QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Oct 11 2013, 08:55 AM) *

aktion035.gif I was hoping this would happen.

agree.gif This car is going right where it should smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.