Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Learn me about slick sizing
914World.com > The 914 Forums > The Paddock
914forme
Okay I am a kid of the 80s and all I know is P-metric stuff. How are slicks even sized, I get the wheel part. But the sidewall and section width is hard for me to get. I'm thinking that the tread is the actual measurement and the side wall is too. But I will shut up and listen as I am still in a deep fog on this one. confused24.gif
Matt Romanowski
OD of the tire then section width - rim size. So a 27/10.5-15 is a 27.5 inch OD of the tire, 10.5 inches wide for a 15" rim.
stownsen914
Depends on which slicks you're looking at, but for most of the American made ones like Goodyear and Hoosier, what Matt says is correct (and for anything you'd put on a 914 i.e. 15" or 16" diameter, these are just about your only options).

Scott
Borderline
Most of the slicks I've been running (Goodyear, Hoosier, Avon) spec the approximate tread width first, then the outside diameter, then the wheel diameter. I've just put on a set of Avon 8.2x20.0-13. FWIW
914forme
Thanks for the quick lesson, I get it now.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.