Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: rough lookin' six for sale
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
vortrex
it has no reserve and is at $19.70 now, what do you think it'll sell for?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...2&category=6430
Brad Roberts
4-5k. I wonder why it was repainted. There is overspray on the rear shock tower rubbers and hardware.

This sounds fishy. A friend of mine just found a Euro 9146 parked for over 25 years. I wonder if he lost the car. I'll call him tomorrow.

B
Bleyseng
Hey stay away from my car!!! I am high bidder but for how long....

Geoff
Brad Roberts
Ha ha.. now I am at 21.00$ LOL sorry. I dont need/want the car.

B
vortrex
nice job with the eagle eye, didn't even notice the overspray.
Bleyseng
Brad, they won't sell you the car anyway!!!

Geoff
Brad Roberts
It is everywhere. Every single wire in the rear trunk and everything in the front trunk is painted. I'll try to take a look at it when we are down next week in LA.

B
Brad Roberts
I'm Boxster hunting. I dont need another 914 (ever)

B
vortrex
what I don't get is this...

if I bought a new car, drove it for 8 years, then put it in dry storage in CA for 25 years, I don't think it would look like this one does. I guess it was a rough 8 years on the road for this guy.
Bleyseng
What did they just paint over all the rust??? or a cheapie paint job?
I am high bidder again.....lol
Geoff
Brad Roberts
I wish we could bid in 10 cent increments...

B
vortrex
LOL.

by the way, what color is this thing??
Brad Roberts
You mean "was this thing" ?? I have to agree with you Derek, this thing is awfully beat to death for sitting 25 years in dry storage. I should send my dad to look at it this week.

B
vortrex
I'm going to guess it's tangerine.

yeah, the story does not add up. how can seats look like that after being used for 8 years?

maybe the seller meant it was stored underwater for 25 years?
Jeroen
Hey Brad,

What's with the Boxster?
Is it for a project/racer or are you joining the yuppie crowd biggrin.gif

cheers,

Jeroen
Brad Roberts
NO.. stop it. Someone selling a 914 and the story doesnt ad up ?? Ha ha ha oh oh ha ha.. I know where a rolling 6 is with a disassembled engine and tranny that has sat outside for over 10 years that looks better than this one.

B
Bleyseng
Probably the same kind of "dry" storage I had. I came out to look at my car after a year and it had been pushed outside under the downspout. It was full of water in the cabin to the top of the door sills. nice really nice

I can't tell what color that car is
Brad Roberts
The V8 914 I'm driving right now has all new seals... and it still leaks.

B
vortrex
come on, you know 914's are owned and cared for by the most upstanding people around. nevermind the fact that 914's are probably in the top 10 list for most cars abandoned in the woods. biggrin.gif
ChrisReale
"914-6" gauges-they look just like my fucking 4 banger gauges ar15.gif
Brad, are you looking for an entire Boxter, or just the engine?
Brad Roberts
Whole Boxster. I'm poking around in the Houston Texas area for a early Boxster. The Enron collapse left them with a ton of Boxsters. I have found several under 20k (which is where I want to be)

The redline is a "little" higher on the 6 tach than your 4cyl.

Also.. the speedo is a 150mph with the silver center on the needle. "Most" of the 150 speedo's have a black center. Not all, but most.

B
Brad Roberts
See.. its up to 410.00$ and all the bids have come from people logged into this BBS.. LOL

I dont think I have EVER seen Chrome peeling off a bumper (the front) The rear bumper pad is completely toast. Crazy.

B
vortrex
check again, up to $760!
Brad Roberts
Jeroen,

The Boxster is next in line to be raced like the 914 is raced today. If I want to be ahead 25 years from now.. I need to start now. We have some SSI plans on the board and it involves Boxster products... soo.. I need to have a Boxster. We have a test mule right now, but it doesnt belong to me. Tony the fab guy wants to develop some suspension components for the cars that are cheaper than purchasing GT3RS parts from Porsche. We want to race them in the near future.

B
Brad Roberts
I jacked it up. We will see who wants to play. I'll place "Mikes" blue GT flared 9146 on there if I dont sell it in the next 2 weeks.

B
r_towle
How Much for Mikes Six?????

Rich
boxstr
Brad Give me some details, offline if you want . On the Boxster exhaust ideas you are developing. I have had contact with a fair number of Boxster owners looking for new exhaust systems and other components.
Craig C. Laughlin CAMP 914
Chris H.
It's getting up there now.... $3250. Can anyone make out what state the license tag is from? I can't imagine "dry storage" in California would cause that much rot. I found one in a barn around here and it wasn't that bad after 10+ years.... Someone ask him to take the rockers off! I bet it's nice and mushy under there... laugh.gif
Brad Roberts
I will run the ad again for 9500$ after I get it running (maybe today) I finally got one of the carbs to work correctly last night. They where pro rebuilt many years ago, but have sat.. they where sticky, but the shafts and everything about them is kickass.

I'll post better pics and finish cleaning it up after I get it running. Compression numbers where very consistant across the board so I'm sure the engine will be fine.

B
Brad Roberts
Actaully Craig,

Its not an idea. We have had a working prototype for over a year now. NOBODY will have anything like it. I was tired of going to Porsche gatherings and hearing all the Boxsters with B+B's on them fire up with exhaust leaks.. NICE.

B
rick 918-S
That thing is rough! It's bid up pretty high. Did you see the hole on the top of the right fender? It's hard to see. I guess if you had a nice shell and the funds to go through the entire drive line it may be worth $ 2500.00 for the 914 six only parts and VIN.
vortrex
the rear bumper top is my favorite, it's the shortened lightweight version. biggrin.gif
ChrisReale
QUOTE(Brad Roberts @ Jan 22 2003, 11:40 PM)
Whole Boxster. I'm poking around in the Houston Texas area for a early Boxster. The Enron collapse left them with a ton of Boxsters. I have found several under 20k (which is where I want to be)

The redline is a "little" higher on the 6 tach than your 4cyl.

Also.. the speedo is a 150mph with the silver center on the needle. "Most" of the 150 speedo's have a black center. Not all, but most.

B

Well well, I have a 150mph speedo in my car and it has a silver button in the middle boldblue.gif Dont think it would ever peak at 150mph.....but I like telling people it could.
Brad Roberts
Look back on my post here. I said it would go for 4-5k.

ITS OVER 4k right now. If this thing sells for 6-7k, Mikes Blue car will be on there in a heartbeat. Its MUCH nicer than this one by a longshot.

B
vortrex
you are the true dr. 914! biggrin.gif

yeah, the blue 6 looks a lot better than this one. wonder why it is going for so much?
Brad Roberts
Its a little over 4k right now. I feel that is about it. I would be highly surprised if it goes over 4500$

B
Gint
But it's at $4350 and there are 8 days left. I've done a lot of ebay watching. With 8 days it will go higher. Some sucker will buy it because of the "MINIMAL RUST" and end up being really pissed. That thing has peaked IMHO. But there's one born every minute.
campbellcj
LOL, my soon-to-be sister in law just bought a Boxster. (A 'normal', not sure if 2.5 or 2.7). I have been pestering my bro-in-law to borrow it and come out to Streets of Willow with me. He has never been on the track before.

I will definitely consider a Boxster as a play car downstream a bit, when more of the crushing debts are paid off. I know everybody rags on them, but I have always liked the overall styling fairly well and they undeniably have strong performance/handling potential.

I just did a quick search on autotrader, and there are 125 used Boxsters for sale right now within 25 miles of where I sit. That is just one site's listings. Damn.

Right now, the free 89 VW Cab fits the budget a little better as the extra car...
campbellcj
BTW there is a factory six for sale at Ottos down here too. I have not looked at it up close, but I think it is pretty clean and complete overall. The matching numbers 2.0 is out of the car and apart right now, so it has a 2.7 in it. I think he would sell it with any desired engine or possibly also as a roller. I can find out more if anybody is interested in something nicer than this ebay POS.
Brad Roberts
This reminds me. If any of you are interested in Mikes Blue 6, I can sell it with a 3.2 or a 3.6 engine. The 3.2 would be cheaper for me to install (direct bolt in using the OEM 2.0 parts)

Figure 14.5 with a running and driving 3.2 liter engine with 46mm carbs.

B
echocanyons
The six on ebay is gone guess someone made a good offer
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.