Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Power went out to gauges
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
rfinegan
While driving ito work this morning (rainy nasty weather) the Red gen light came on and all my gages in the ip stopped working along with the gauges in the center console . The dash lights were still powered so I could see that they all read zero. Still able to drive I continued to the office about another mile or so and parked. IF Im still charging I can drive home later this afternoon where I can take a serious look at the issue, but for now does anyone have any ideas? sad.gif

-Robert
Mike Bellis
Sounds like corrosion on your fuses. try spinning them in place to make a better contact.
rfinegan
Popped a fuse.... Swapped it out with a white/8a from another circuit and runs without popping( gauges on). This should get me home to determine the current draw on that circuit and repair as needed. Donor circuit gets the foil wrapper fuse repair for the ride home
Dave_Darling
Mine did that quite a lot. The culprit was a missing screw in the fuse box. It allowed the box itself to pivot slightly and one of the hot leads to make contact with the surrounding metal.

Oops.

--DD
timothy_nd28
same exact thing happened to me, ended up ruining a perfectly good alternator.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.