Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: warning: doing a suby swap ?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jimkelly
before you attempt to remove and engine and trans out of a donor car - make sure to drain the oil and trans oil. especially if trans is AWD. and especially if you are doing it on a porus surface.

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=220712

IPB Image

76-914
Your floors look to be epoxied. If so, no biggie. However, pets are poisoned and die a very painful and slow death from drinking anti-freeze. Ask your Vet how common it is!
sean_v8_914
looks familiar. a guy just brought over an engine. he is an experienced tech/shop guy. you would think that one of us would have known better...nope. i had a mess just like yours
jimkelly
the above pic is not mine, wish it were.

my experience with this happened here, in my old house's driveway : (

type47
from the crest on the sail panel, that looks like a pic of the now V-8 aktion035.gif
Chris H.
Good advice. Did that myself. My puddle was bigger though. The 4wd differential gear oil STINKS too doesn't it? Worse than old trans fluid.
Brian_Boss
This reminds me of how I learned that, on an American auto trans, the tailshaft seals the oil in the trans. Disconnect drive shaft (tailshaft stays connected), tilt and pull engine and trans with hoist, notice _huge_ puddle of red liquid spreading out from under the car.

Won't do that again...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.