Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Saratoga Tops
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
david63
Rennlist seems to be buzzing about the original Saratoga tops being built again? Not sure if they are building the one for our teeners? Only saw info on the 944/911/etc. What have you all heard?
jim_hoyland
The last word posted on this topic, IIRC, is the original molds were destroyed. Having owned the original Saratoga top and 914rubbers WAS top, I think the new WAS top overcomes most of the shortcomings of the Saratogas.

ben*james
I know I'd buy one in a heartbeat.
ConeDodger
914rubber.com makes them. PM Mikey914
ben*james
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Oct 10 2013, 09:09 PM) *

914rubber.com makes them. PM Mikey914

I had no idea. Thank you. I just saw Mark last month. beer.gif
bandjoey
Yep. They're talking about 914rubbers tops
wes
The ones Mikey makes are fair better than the old 914 Saratoga tops! I had a 944 that I put one on and really loved it though completely different.
Mikey914
Thanks guys,
I have a GB that's drug out for awhile that I will be workingon getting a few out this in about 2 weeks. I had to take some time off some time from the day job to work on getting this back on track.
-Mark
SKL1
Bought one back in the early or mid 70's and used it sparingly- was never that impressed with the workmanship and mounting hardware. Still have it in a box up in the garage attic somewhere...
When I did use it and the car had to sit out for a while, it got VERY hot inside!!
reharvey
I use mine in the spring and fall. These were never what you would call top quality. There is no way it will seal out the wind or rain. That said--it's a cool item and I would never give it up. Ray
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.