Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Look What I Found Today!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Jeffs9146
My neighbor stopped me a while ago and told me his old neighbor has one of those cars he wants to get rid of!!! piratenanner.gif I went by and looked at it and asked "how much"! He said $500 and I said sold! So I went and got a trailer and started to load it up and I noticed the last two digits of the serial number on the title are reversed and the car is a Salvaged title. Well I couldn't buy it with the wrong vin# so I told him if he fixed it I would purchase it. He called me today and said he got the title fixed and if I can get it out of his driveway today he will sell it to me for way less!

Well now it is in my garage with new title and all! aktion035.gif
ben*james
R u fricken kidding me.... That's a steal. You should be ashamed!
Jeffs9146
beer.gif He just wanted it out of the driveway and he set the price....what could I say shades.gif !
r_towle
You suck.
Take the rockers off and post a pic so we can all weep
JStroud
Nice score! beerchug.gif Any plan for it yet.

Jeff
Krieger
smilie_pokal.gif
Mike Bellis
Awesome! piratenanner.gif
Chris H.
'73? You're money ahead just with the Fuchs. Nice score.

What's that square thing where the radio should be?
Jeffs9146
QUOTE(Chris H. @ Oct 10 2013, 08:58 PM) *

'73? You're money ahead just with the Fuchs. Nice score.

What's that square thing where the radio should be?

It is a '70 but they put late bumpers on the front......??????!

The square thing is an alarm control display with motion sensor!
Jeffs9146
QUOTE(jsconst @ Oct 10 2013, 08:55 PM) *

Nice score! beerchug.gif Any plan for it yet.

Jeff

No plan yet, there is a guy that expressed interest in the WTB classifieds so when I repair the front right rotor and get it running I will decide if I want to flip it or do another conversion!
cwpeden
a '70 with adjustable seat and late belts and console.....?

Interior says late. Doors and dash say early? blink.gif
Jeffs9146
QUOTE(cwpeden @ Oct 10 2013, 10:22 PM) *

a '70 with adjustable seat and late belts and console.....?

Interior says late. Doors and dash say early? blink.gif

Yep!

I have not gotten into everything they did when they recovered the salvage but it looks like they added the passenger seat adjustability, late front bumpers and over all late model update. The hell hole looks very solid but the front bumper conversion is a bit of a hack! I will spend some time next week going through it to figure out what exactly happened. It looks like just the front was hit but they took alot of time converting it to late stuff while they were at repairing the front! confused24.gif
JawjaPorsche
What a score! You need to buy some lottery tickets! You are a lucky man! beerchug.gif
reharvey
smile.gif Another one saved!
ben*james
QUOTE(reharvey @ Oct 11 2013, 04:36 AM) *

smile.gif Another one saved!

Yeah, what a charitable act. Probably deserves a Purple Heart for such a rescue poke.gif
Nice score!
jmalone
Nice ! Keep it Jeff that's a lucky car.
Jgilliam914
Nice Score!! first.gif Last year my neighbor had a 1985 Buick Regal GS she wanted to get rid of. Asked if she should call a junk yard. It looked good so I told her I would buy it for $500. She accepted and I felt guilty at first and asked her to tell the family before I took it off her hands. She did and after I gave her the $ I saw it had only 45 000 miles on it. I flipped it 3 days later for 2800$ then took her out to dinner chowtime.gif
cpavlenko
unbelievable piratenanner.gif
boogie_man
Nice catch, is it a original silver car ? Congrats...... piratenanner.gif
boxsterfan
What color is that?
Jeffs9146
QUOTE(boxsterfan @ Oct 11 2013, 08:38 AM) *

What color is that?

The car has been painted and was originaly L80E Light Ivory!
76-914
Good score, Jeff. I had a similar experience, once. piratenanner.gif He might have got it running had he ever used that Hayne's manual. Looks like it has never been opened. laugh.gif L80E wub.gif
Jeffs9146
QUOTE(76-914 @ Oct 11 2013, 10:18 AM) *

Good score, Jeff. I had a similar experience, once. piratenanner.gif He might have got it running had he ever used that Hayne's manual. Looks like it has never been opened. laugh.gif L80E wub.gif

He said it ran when his son bought it but the battery won't take a charge so I have to deal with that first!
jbyron
You lucky SOB!
green914
agree.gif Nice score.
DRPHIL914
QUOTE(Jeffs9146 @ Oct 11 2013, 12:21 PM) *

QUOTE(boxsterfan @ Oct 11 2013, 08:38 AM) *

What color is that?

The car has been painted and was originaly L80E Light Ivory!

looks like it might me copper metalic?(a '75 special order color)
76-914
QUOTE(Jeffs9146 @ Oct 11 2013, 10:29 AM) *

QUOTE(76-914 @ Oct 11 2013, 10:18 AM) *

He.said it ran when his son bought it but the battery won't take a charge so I have to deal with that first!

poke.gif You have my most heartfelt condolences. av-943.gif
TargaToy
You suck! biggrin.gif

Congrats and good luck!
Jeffs9146
Update:

So I have been working on replacing the front suspension and am almost ready to take it out for a spin!

The PO said the car had started a few months ago and I had been trying to start it with no luck getting the starter to engage. Last week I was at the local hardware store and low and behold the PO works there! I tell him I am not able to get the starter to engage......he laughs and says "I forgot to tell you there is a hidden button under the dash"! So today I had a few minutes, after charging the battery again, I put some new gas in and reached into the window and turned the key. The fuel pump starts to go, I reach under the dash and press the button and she fires up and runs great on the first click. I didn't even have to get in the car and pump the gas!! piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif

So now I have to decide what I am going to do with it! The guy that wanted to buy it said he bought a motor cycle so he didn't need it any more! blink.gif He is going to be cold this winter!! confused24.gif

Anyway, it is a good day when everything clicks and the car starts as advertised! first.gif
jfort
great story. congrats
Jeffs9146
I posted a video of the engine start!
Mike Bellis
QUOTE(Jeffs9146 @ Nov 6 2013, 02:13 PM) *

Update:

So I have been working on replacing the front suspension and am almost ready to take it out for a spin!

The PO said the car had started a few months ago and I had been trying to start it with no luck getting the starter to engage. Last week I was at the local hardware store and low and behold the PO works there! I tell him I am not able to get the starter to engage......he laughs and says "I forgot to tell you there is a hidden button under the dash"! So today I had a few minutes, after charging the battery again, I put some new gas in and reached into the window and turned the key. The fuel pump starts to go, I reach under the dash and press the button and she fires up and runs great on the first click. I didn't even have to get in the car and pump the gas!! piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif

So now I have to decide what I am going to do with it! The guy that wanted to buy it said he bought a motor cycle so he didn't need it any more! blink.gif He is going to be cold this winter!! confused24.gif

Anyway, it is a good day when everything clicks and the car starts as advertised! first.gif

idea.gif I might need a new project...
Jeffs9146
Mike

Are you still planning on comming out this weekend?

If so you can look at it then!
lonewolfe
Want to make a cook $100? I'll give you $600 for the car! wink.gif
Mike Bellis
QUOTE(Jeffs9146 @ Nov 6 2013, 05:29 PM) *

Mike

Yep, See you Saturday AM...
Jeffs9146
QUOTE(Mike Bellis @ Nov 6 2013, 05:54 PM) *

QUOTE(Jeffs9146 @ Nov 6 2013, 05:29 PM) *

Mike

Yep, See you Saturday AM...

beerchug.gif
Jeffs9146
QUOTE(lonewolfe @ Nov 6 2013, 05:50 PM) *

Want to make a cook $100? I'll give you $600 for the car! wink.gif

I have about that into it with the update front suspension and trailer rental!
computers4kids
I had a 75 that was copper once...great find. Are you sure its not a front clip off a 75? beer.gif
Jeffs9146
QUOTE(computers4kids @ Nov 6 2013, 09:05 PM) *

I had a 75 that was copper once...great find. Are you sure its not a front clip off a 75? beer.gif

agree.gif

Yep, it was hit in front and is a late front section with late bumpers and interior update done! It looks like it was just the very front part not the whole clip!

I purchased early bumpers yesterday and I may put it back to early if I don't sell it!
'70PVW914
What! Dang what a steal You're a lucky dude, man!
euro911
Awesome score beerchug.gif
Jeffs9146
Here is a video of it starting and running! I also put the 75 front suspension on and bled the brakes! Still havn't washed it yet! lol-2.gif
The car is ready to drive!
Mike Bellis
piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif

I've seen this car and it is pretty solid. No major rust issues. Just a few small spots to fix.

If it were in my budget, it would already be sitting in my garage! biggrin.gif
Jeffs9146
Hey Mike, I have spent some time on it since you saw it and the price is going up......are you sure you don't need another project????????? happy11.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.