Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Heater matrix removal
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
cal914
I'm trying to get the heater matrix out of my car so i can get the dash resprayed is there away of doing this,i have it unbolted but it doesn't seem to go back through its hole ,what am i doing wrong
rhodyguy
can you explain "heater matrix"? probably not a term we would use in the US. picture?

k

cal914
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Oct 12 2013, 09:52 AM) *

can you explain "heater matrix"? probably not a term we would use in the US. picture?

k

sorry i mean the controls in the car that gives you hot or cold air
Bob L.
QUOTE(cal914 @ Oct 12 2013, 01:38 PM) *

QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Oct 12 2013, 09:52 AM) *

k

sorry i mean the controls in the car that gives you hot or cold air

You don't push it through, you pull.

I think you detach the control rods/light bulbs after you pull it out. You'll probably need pliers for the rods.
Chris H.
agree.gif Yes you pull it towards you when sitting in the cabin. The cables must be completely disconnected in the cowl area.
Dave_Darling
Isn't there a mounting bolt for the fresh air controls that goes through the firewall and can only be accessed after you take the fuel tank out?

--DD
HarveyH
There is a single bolt, but mine (74) is under the dash, right behind the control unit. You have to crawl under the dash standing on your head and use an OE or wratcheting box wrench to get it. If you're going to the hassle of getting it out, it's a good time to replace the control unit lighting wth LED's. I don't remember right now how many there are, but there are the BA7s bulbs like most of the other instrument lights but also a couple of the wedge base bulbs like the blower fan indicator on the floor.

Harvey

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.