Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FYI : I came across this thread over on Pelican Parts
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
Luke M
Buyer beware... Looks like this person is here also..

http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsche-911...17longtail.html
carr914
He's here.

It's wierd as Jim Torres has a decent reputation, but I don't who this "josh" is that is selling and shipping

His Prices on 914 Stuff are Crazy High!
rhodyguy
not crazy high. stupid high. the same ads at the top of the list gets tiresome very morning.
Luke M
QUOTE(carr914 @ Oct 13 2013, 07:45 AM) *

He's here.

It's wierd as Jim Torres has a decent reputation, but I don't who this "josh" is that is selling and shipping

I do not know if Jim is affiliated with this company/group/guy or not.
Some guy's over on Pelican seam to think he's not but again I don't know.
I've looked at some of the f/s ad's (of sebring/917longtail) for a few things that I need and over priced they are for sure. I'd say some parts are junk in my opinion.
carr914
QUOTE(Luke M @ Oct 13 2013, 11:19 AM) *

QUOTE(carr914 @ Oct 13 2013, 07:45 AM) *

He's here.

I do not know if Jim is affiliated with this company/group/guy or not.
Some guy's over on Pelican seam to think he's not but again I don't know.
I've looked at some of the f/s ad's (of sebring/917longtail) for a few things that I need and over priced they are for sure. I'd say some parts are junk in my opinion.

Hard for Jim not to be involved if they are Selling his Parts! However, there does seem to be a Big difference in the Forum Ad Prices vs Jim's on-line Site (Prime example - $195,000 vs $125,000 for the Daytona 914-6)

https://sites.google.com/site/carreraparts/home
Mikey914
Funny,
I was going to buy a part from him and it was overpriced in my opinion. Thought it was a negotiating tactic, but no. Not flexible at all, so I bowed out. I don't have any problem with guys trying to move parts stashes, but the market will set the price. I had heard that the shipping was slow, but glad I decided not to complete the transaction.
gottago
What is his user name on this board, or should I just keep an eye out for the useriously high prices.

BTW as of 8:18 a.m. Oct 13 RE: 917 Longtail On the Pelican
site

"He is now banned. Please let me know if he re-appears under another username"
carr914
His name here is Sebring66
Luke M
icon_bump.gif

For those who may have missed this... If you check his ads here you will see that some people have purchased some items from these guys with negative results..
Do your homework so you won't be his next victim..
CptTripps
I bought a set of 3.5" struts off of Josh on Aug 23rd...and still don't have them.

I will say that communication has been great, but I still don't have my parts. They will supposedly ship today. (Although I've been told that a few times now.) They also offered to give me a few extra parts that I've been hunting for as compensation for the long wait.

Also, I'm not sure that the prices I paid were high at all. Quite reasonable in fact. (Assuming that they make it here and are as expected.)
Montreal914
A couple of years ago, I bought a set of M front calipers from Scott, the owner of Carrera 6 (image below). They turned out to be Carrera rears sad.gif . By the time I realized it, Carrera 6 was gone. They use to restore Porsches on Walnut in Pasadena. I remember seeing on their website a restauration of a 910 or a race car of the era.

Then a few months ago, I began seeing expensive adds on Craigslist with that same logo but now it's in Long Beach. Is it related to Longtail917 and Seebring66 also in Long Beach?

One thing is sure, prices seem way to high for the market or the conditions of the components.

Click to view attachment
QUOTE(Montreal914 @ Oct 18 2013, 07:40 AM) *

A couple of years ago, I bought a set of M front calipers from Scott, the owner of Carrera 6 (image below). They turned out to be Carrera rears sad.gif . By the time I realized it, Carrera 6 was gone. They use to restore Porsches on Walnut in Pasadena. I remember seeing on their website a restauration of a 910 or a race car of the era.

Then a few months ago, I began seeing expensive adds on Craigslist with that same logo but now it's in Long Beach. Is it related to Longtail917 and Seebring66 also in Long Beach?

One thing is sure, prices seem way to high for the market or the conditions of the components.

Click to view attachment

I actually went down to this shop to pick up some LSD locking plates. They were presented as 915 parts. When my trans guy looked at them ,he mentioned that they were for 901-sad.gif. I met Scott and he advised me that the had a part time helper ( a Josh) that did the internet stuff. Since I've grown up with Jim Torres, I inquired of the 962 in his shop that belonged to Jim. Scott mentioned he's just storing it for Jim.
Luke M
icon_bump.gif

For the guy's that may have missed this.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.