Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: new item
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
rhodyguy
got this from dave ellison yesterday. it bolts up to the bottom of the bat (fasteners come with it ohmy.gif ). then it drops right in the tray. you use the stock size bolt and it eliminates the hold down clamp. too slick and only $28. who will get theirs in first, me or chris reale? boy, i love how fast the pictures load here.

kevin
boxstr
Kevin Good morning, what is Triads website address?
Thanks
CCLINWAKEUPMODE
rhodyguy
www.triadwestperformance.com. click on products. dave has updated the site, and it's about time (lol dave). i forgot to ask him if he needed a minmum wage parts boxer, since i'm out-o work. laugh.gif . triad has some very innovative products. my car, lets see. exhaust, linkage, the plate. only thing left to get is a tattoo of the logo on my neck, then when people ask me about it maybe i'll get a discount.

kevin
Brad Roberts
Not sure who you guy's run with (AutoX and the such).. but our rules state we have to have a steel hold down strap over the battery.

B
rhodyguy
so no matter what you do to secure the bottom of the bat in cal, you HAVE to strap it as well? we'll see if it flys at bremerton next month. hope they don't want me to crash test the car to see if the plate holds. i'll install later today a post a few pictures of how it goes together. i didn't want to jury rig the clamp for my new optima.i don't have any connection with triad business wise. dave helped me with a few things on my car (sort of like the guy in novato). "ah dave, i need some help." "ok, i'll come up w/ the trailer and drag it down to the shop.". nice guy.

kevin
Brad Roberts
I met Dave at JP's gathering back in Dec. Great guy.

Check your rules.. I try to come up with parts that are legal for all the classes. The worst thing you can do is: start building parts that are not legal. Makes it a pain in the backside for those that decide to AutoX or TT later..."You sold me this XXX and its not legal for my class"...

B
Bleyseng
I think you have to have a stock clamp or a metal strap over the battery. I dunno if this is legal but Dave E. is one of the tech inspectors so he "might" let it slide. I would be afraid the little screws that go into the battery might rip out during one of my wild spins at 50mph. not good!
Geoff
rhodyguy
i still think its a fine application for street use. that is the direction i'm headed. if i am not going to be able to drive my car 500 mi a day in relative comfort i'll be rethinking alot of things. if i can dig out my clamp i'll see if it still fits with the plate. plus if you have a unsightly (sort of like mine)/marginal(not) tray i think it's a helper. geoff, have they required you to install somthing else additional than the stock one to pass tech @ bremerton?

kevin
ChrisReale
I have mine in, and it is great. Solid as a rock. The battery has no chance of flying off. I dont think the rules say anything about this, but tech inspection makes sure it is solid and is not loose
Dave Cawdrey
How about an 'installed' pic?
ChrisReale
You cant really see anything when its instaleld.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.