Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Checking to see who can new dog bones $16 a pair
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mikey914
Figured I'd test the water on this one. I went through 3 sets trying to get a set that was not too compressed. They are NLA, the real question is it worth tooling up to make these?

So, who needs these?
9146BRUCE
i would take a set
jimkelly
there is an ebay seller that sells them for $32 a pair but they appear to be made of some mixture of rubbers?

Mikey914
Interesting. Looks like wax, or a really impure material (Chinese?) Anyone have experience with this product? The tooling is not too expensive so the threshold on these is low (about 50 sets). I don't mind going long on these, but if there's no real interest, it's a looser.
MrHyde
Pelican has them for $4.50 each.. I don't think they are NLA. They show that their stock is almost 3 dozen of em'

914-505-027-10-M260
orthobiz
My new ride has one dog bone slightly more compressed than the other. The fit of my bumpers improved by switching right for left. I see no overt signs of front end damage over the bumper area, but the driver fender close to the door and over the wheel well was repaired.

So I'm wondering if some kinda shim idea for the dog bones would be useful to others. Just sayin'.

Paul
shoguneagle
I am interested for a couple of reasons: replacement of stolen parts, helping to keep one of our major suppliers developing new product, way of saying thanks, because of need and I like spare parts.

Please put me down for 8 of of those little "dog bones". I am going to replace everything on the 914-sizer and maybe start accumulating for another 914 project.

Just let me know when, how and how much.

Will be following on other rubber products later.

Steve
Rleog
I'd be in for a set.
green914
smile.gif I will take a pair.
Dion
I'd be in for two sets.
JamesM
I just ordered a set from pelican, but if you move forward with these put me down for a set anyways.
Type 47
back dating bumpers...I need a pair for each end
euro911
I don't need any, but will bump for those who haven't see this thread
shoguneagle
Mark, I can send you an actual example of what is being sold on the internet. Got one for your examination and whatever.

Let me know.

Steve
Mikey914
If I can borrow one for a week or so I'd like to see one.
Please.
-mark
type47fan
Looking at the application, they should be able to compress only to the thickness equal to the length of the stand-offs. The compression will be uneven and unacceptable if the stand-offs are omitted.
euro911
One would think the spacers were at least few mm shorter than the thickness of the rubber idea.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.