Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hand Brake height
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
malcolm2
Seems to me that the lower the better, right? I found this shot on Ebay and it got me thinking.

I have recently installed my e-brake and it really only comes up about 2 or 3 clicks. Not really even up over the threshold. Seems to make it easy to get in the car vs. this picture.

I think this is too high. is there a "factory" spec.? Anyone else have thoughts?

Click to view attachment
rjames
When 'released' or fully down, it shouldn't allow the cables to engage the rear breaks and there shouldn't be any excess slack in the cable. As soon as you pull up on the lever it should immediately start to engage the brakes.
It's not rocket science. As long as the cables are adjusted properly so that both brakes get applied immediatly and evenly when the handle is pulled, you're good.

It doesn't look like the cables are adjusted properly in the picture.
914_teener
Venting clearance has to be set as well....otherwise it won't work.
malcolm2
QUOTE(malcolm2 @ Oct 14 2013, 11:34 AM) *

Seems to me that the lower the better, right? I found this shot on Ebay and it got me thinking.

I have recently installed my e-brake and it really only comes up about 2 or 3 clicks. Not really even up over the threshold. Seems to make it easy to get in the car vs. this picture.

I think this is too high. is there a "factory" spec.? Anyone else have thoughts?

Click to view attachment

My car below... actually 6 clicks and the handle is below the top of the seat. I cannot budge the car by pushing. My driveway is a slight hill and it holds great there too. I hope the guy above has kids, cause the RACK is coming and often with that handle.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.