Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Idea/request for Mark
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ThePaintedMan
Hey Mark, since you're not at all busy these days, I thought of something else that you don't currently produce that might not be all that hard to do. Ever thought of doing the cooling flaps under the car?

IPB Image
rick 918-S
icon_bump.gif
Harpo
I agree I need a pair of those and all of the used ones look like crap.

David
r_towle
I wonder if anyone has tried one long continuous unit across the bottom and measured the affects.

Rich
ThePaintedMan
QUOTE(r_towle @ Oct 14 2013, 05:29 PM) *

I wonder if anyone has tried one long continuous unit across the bottom and measured the affects.

Rich

Thought aboot that too. Markey Mark, where you at?
Rand
QUOTE(r_towle @ Oct 14 2013, 02:29 PM) *

Rich

I would think the two separate pieces would create more random turbulence, which is what is needed. It would be interesting to run some tests. idea.gif
ConeDodger
Mark hasn't been near a computer. He flew in to Reno about 5:00PM local. I just dropped him off at his hotel and he flies back out at 5:00AM. I'm sure he will see this fairly soon but he flies to Mexico tomorrow so it may be a day or two...
ThePaintedMan
Thanks Rob, I figured as much. That guy works his tail off.
ConeDodger
QUOTE(ThePaintedMan @ Oct 14 2013, 08:23 PM) *

Thanks Rob, I figured as much. That guy works his tail off.

He does George. I will let him know to watch out for this thread. biggrin.gif
ConeDodger
Oh here he is... biggrin.gif
Mikey914
I just got back to the hotel. I had looked at making these at one point, and molding was too brittle, I looked at metal and also looked at making vortex generators, which showed some promise in creating a greater low pressure area.

Thanks for bringing this back up. I'll be able to complete the drawings, I have found a way to manufacture these relatively inexpensively. Not concurs identical, but with the option to make both versions. I'll get the project on the list for next week.
-Mark
ThePaintedMan
Dude, I don't think any of us expected you to start on them next week. beerchug.gif Just wanted to see if you had already explored the idea. You think of everything man! Safe travels back home Mark.
ConeDodger
Ooooooo! Vortex generators! evilgrin.gif sounds fast!
Mikey914
QUOTE(ThePaintedMan @ Oct 14 2013, 09:39 PM) *

Dude, I don't think any of us expected you to start on them next week. beerchug.gif Just wanted to see if you had already explored the idea. You think of everything man! Safe travels back home Mark.

I have spent some time on this already. Kind of funny, revisiting this now, and with some new materials and a few techniques I have now, these can be made easier, and for less than I could previously.

There is a thread on this from some time ago. I'll have to work the numbers but these will be reasonable, one of the reasons I stopped the work on these previously was the cost was just too high.
-Mark
Rleog
I can almost hear it now...

"The main reason this 914 corners so well is the proprietary ground effects Whitesell Vortex Generators."

Can't wait. I'm in for a set. Cool. Or, cooler.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.