Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Tire Pressures
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
dmilzoff
I will be doing both DE and AX this season with my 914-6/3.0 liter. Haven't done this for 5 years.
I have Goodyear GS-Cs on the car: 205 Z 55 on the front and 225 Z 60 on the rear.
I remember that when I did drive the car with PCA DE, the rear was somewhat loose.
Any recommendations for a starting point tire pressures would be appreciated.
Different for DE and AX?
I do have an infrared temp meter (the point and shoot meter). Would this be any help in refining pressure after a run?
Brad Roberts
I can have some numbers for you on Tuesday. I dont typically run Goodyear GSC's...but I'm pretty good friends with Roger and Brandon Krause (GoodYear race tire distributors for NorCal 30+ years)

Normal response:

40-42 hot

32-33 cold

Start the fronts off 2lb's higher than the rear. If you put the heat gun on the F+R..you will probably find that your really putting some heat in th rears. I would most certainly use your heat gun (better yet..have someone else do it for you after a hot lap)

If you have an adjustable front bar.. tighten it a little on both sides.

B
dmilzoff
Thanx.
The tires are 16" by the way.
Same recommendations for DE and AX?
Brad Roberts
AutoX doesnt put anywhere near the same heat into the tires.. so start them higher around 36lbs or so. They will only grow 3-4 pounds as the day goes on. The target will be 40.

B
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.