Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fuel Injection/Carburetor Distributor
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
wndsnd
While setting up my carb cable I read this. What does this mean? I was going back to using my stock 1.7 dizzy, does this mean I can't?

#11 below

Are they talking about the ignition distributor or something else?

Click to view attachment
wndsrfr
QUOTE(wndsnd @ Oct 14 2013, 03:19 PM) *

While setting up my carb cable I read this. What does this mean? I was going back to using my stock 1.7 dizzy, does this mean I can't?

#11 below

Are they talking about the ignition distributor or something else?

Click to view attachment

I'm going to bet that they're talking about the kind of FI distributor on the CIS systems, you know like '82 Volvo's etc. Those had 4 hoses running to the injectors which were regulated by the mass air venturi plate & lever. Can't see how ignition distributor would be involved at all.....
r_towle
You can use it but most people use the SVDA distributor from aircooled.net
wndsnd
QUOTE(r_towle @ Oct 14 2013, 08:17 PM) *

You can use it but most people use the SVDA distributor from aircooled.net

I don't want to invest on this. I have a complete Mallory Unilite, CD, and Coil system that I yanked out this morning because I stupidly shorted it out and I need to have the whole system checked. I think I cooked it as I melted the insulation of one of the CD box wires. Going old school to see if I can get it running.
r_towle
It will work.
Remember the bottom points and if you want use the vacuum port on the carbs joined at a T fitting to enable vacuum advance.
You do not need vacuum advance.

Set it up with points and a condenser, set the timing at 27 degrees at 3500 rpms, to show you the full advance.

Rich
wndsnd
Carbs do not have a vacuum take off that I can see. I was just going to leave the dizzy ports open.

rhodyguy
you'll leave the vacuum advance portion on the table. a dist for the L-jet system will work.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.