Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS - Everything 914 I have left
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
Milsha12
UPDATE - ALL SOLD!

Some of you may have read my story before on a previous ad, but here is the short version:

I bought a 1973 914 without knowing what to inspect. I then bought a huge load of 914 parts that I planned to use some in my car and sell some to finance my restoration. I determined the car was not restorable (at least by me), so I have been parting it out to recoup costs and finance my next project.

I have a ton of parts left, and I'm ready to pass them along to someone else for the low price of $250 so they can profit from them or use them. If they don't sell this way, I'll take the larger parts to the scrap yard for some cash, and I will probably continue to sell the smaller parts for a while. Here's the catch: the car and all large parts MUST be picked up. You can't just take the smaller parts. The price for all of this is low to account for your work to scrap the parts that are unusable (and I'm sure you will make a few bucks on that for your efforts from the scrap $). Hopefully someone sees the value in saving these parts.

Here is what I have:

1973 car with lots of rust and a broken windshield, but complete front suspension and steering, rear suspension, and half shafts still on. It has 2 spare wheels but NO LUG BOLTS. You will need to bring two wheels and enough lug bolts to roll it onto your trailer. A tarp would be recommended as well, and straps or rope to hold the doors closed since the latches are removed. Driver's door is good except for one small hole in the bottom, front near the seal channel. Passenger door has a lot of rust.

Wiring harness was planning to come out and sell to Jeff Bowlsby, but if I don't get to it, the buyer can pull it and make some of the money back in that sale.

Front calipers are still on the car, rear calipers are removed but come with the package.

Pedal cluster and gas pedal (still in car)

Fresh air blower box with motor and all other plastic ducts/boxes under front hood

Dash frame

lower dash pad with vents

steering column (no lock)

2 fuel tanks, exansion tanks, and charcoal cannisters (one from this car)

Front and rear trunk lids from this car and one additional front trunk lid with some dents that could be repaired

Front bumper pad with some damage

Front and rear bumpers and valances with rust and some damage or need restoring

3 door windows (1 pass tinted, 1 clear set from this car), 1 set of corner windows with chrome guides (from this car), 2 rear windows (1 from this car), 2 sets of window regulators and guide rails (1 from this car)

Extra steering rack and some linkage rods

3 sets of inner door handles in good or great shape

2 Passenger door armrests (upper and lower), 1 Driver door map pocket in fair condition

Complete Headlight assemblies with working motors, caps, and eyebrows

2 pedal boards, one with adjustable stop in good condition

Shifter

Shift rod in tunnel (still in car)

Latches (front trunk, rear trunk, engine lid, doors)

Trunk lid hinges (1 front, 2 sets rear), front trunk springs and hinge brackets

1 rocker panel

1 damaged (but repairable) rain tray

Seat belt light, hazard switch

2 targa top shells

I'm probably missing some I can't think of right now, but that is most of it. My ads for smaller parts are still around so you can see some of them.

I need it picked up this weekend or next weekend, or I'm cutting it up for scrap. It needs to go.

PM me if interested. Paypal payment or cash on pickup.
Milsha12
Here are some pictures...when it still could roll out of the garage...trunk lids are off now.

I'm surprised that between the ad here and posting on craigslist, I've gotten very little interest, so I may just start cutting her up this weekend rather than delaying the inevitable.
X911IC
Don't expect too much money from the scrap yard. I spend most of Saturday afternoon on a sawzall and cut my "71 parts car in pieces and loaded onto the trailer. Off to the salvage yard on Monday. Turns out they pay a higher price for the body intact as opposed to cut up. Made no sense to me. They gave we $34.55 for the pieces. Just enough to cover the gas and get some fast food. Have fun and don't forget to wear gloves and goggles!! It might save you a trip to the E.R.
Milsha12
Thanks, Neil! Sounds like good advice! I guess I'll need to choose between McD's or BK on the way home...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.