Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: Easy driving game for Mac
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Rhodes71/914
Don't have any type of game consul, kids are still to young and can't justify to my wife for a 36 year old. I would like to get a easy driving game for my little boy. One I can download would be nice. Mac OSX
nebreitling
there are a couple of driving games for mac OSX, my favorite right now is Rally Shift (google it). Shareware, $25. playble demo, free.

the good:
very good driving modeling, you can "feel" the car under/oversteer. very smooth game. there's another application "Rally Shift Garage" that you can edit the cars' parameters with; change torque curves, suspension geometry, tire stickyness, etc.. i "hacked" an AWD car that weighs 600kg and has 700Nm of torque. it goes fast.

the bad:
fairly outdated graphics and sound.
Rhodes71/914
Nathan, I downloaded the demo of this game the other night and I like it. I think if I get a wheel my son will be able to play it. He has plenty of fun watching me. Demo is frustrating with the 3min limit. Guess is should just cough up the $25 and be able to actually play the whole game.
nebreitling
i'm poor, and i think it's worth the 25 bucks. vehicle handling seems very realistic -- i actually consider it "good practice"! (except that all the cars are AWD and understeer too much) hope they come out with more tracks soon.

don't know if it's compatible with a wheel, but that'd be perfect for your son.

Ford Racing 2 is OSX. there's a demo. i think the game kinda sucks.

Total Immersion Racing is also pretty cool -- definitely check it out. $30.

start 'em early!
Rhodes71/914
Nathan had some good games. I'm still looking for other idea. Simple and basic so my 3 year old can drive.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.