Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Anybody have advice on aftermarket fuel pumps?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
stefs914
I'm in th market for a new fuel pump. Someone mentioned a cb rotory pump but, I didn't know if anyone else has had a luck with others.
Thanks for the help! beerchug.gif
Cap'n Krusty
QUOTE(stefs914 @ Oct 16 2013, 05:45 PM) *

I'm in th market for a new fuel pump. Someone mentioned a cb rotory pump but, I didn't know if anyone else has had a luck with others.

Carbs or FI? Ask good questions, get good answers.

The Cap'n
stefs914
QUOTE(Cap'n Krusty @ Oct 16 2013, 08:05 PM) *

The Cap'n

Carbs
wndsnd
QUOTE(stefs914 @ Oct 16 2013, 09:06 PM) *

QUOTE(Cap'n Krusty @ Oct 16 2013, 08:05 PM) *

The Cap'n

Carbs

Racer Chris is a good safe decision.
Krieger
I'm happy with my Holly red from Summit. It is a little noisy before I start up, but then I can't hear it... biggrin.gif
aircooledtechguy
For carbs, you can't beat the CB rotary pump. I've had one of these on my bus for nearly 15 years. Not a hickup.

For EFI, a Walbro is a great reliable and reasonably priced pump. I've had one of these on the Megasquirt system on the Squarsche and it's been flawless for about 3 years now and quiet too.
Harpo
I also got mine from Racer Chris (Tangerine)

David
Jake Raby
I favored the Cb pumps for years, but ethanol enriched fuel doesn't play well with them at all. I had a rash of them fail in 2012-2013 and my own car left me on the side of the road with one that failed earlier this year.

I am doing some development for Joe Gibbs Racing with a couple of my cars that still use these pumps as I try to prove that the "carb Defender" that we have helped them develop truly does help keep fuel pumps alive.

I love the Mallory comp pumps, and they are ethanol friendly. I used an Aeromotive in my 356 as I have had good luck with those as well.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.