Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What are factory sway bars worth?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
Type 47
I actually didn't realize this parts car had factory sway bars. I got them off and need to clean them up and get them sealed in primer.
Type 47
Anyone got an idea and the value of a complete factory front rear set of sway bars, including links, mounting plates, shock hardware.

I have an interested party but I really don't know what they are worth.
mepstein
$100-150 each end
mittelmotor
The rear bar is worth a lot more if it includes the hard-to-find shock bolts that have the ball-joint ends.
Type 47
QUOTE(mittelmotor @ Oct 18 2013, 03:34 PM) *

The rear bar is worth a lot more if it includes the hard-to-find shock bolts that have the ball-joint ends.

I think I have those too...I will have to take a trip out to the parts cars to verify.
jimkelly
rear is - a lot more - with bolts

150 with
100 without

Type 47
I do have the rear shock bolts...everything end links, front arms, rear brackets, front/rear bars.
HalfMoon
I don't need the bars but I need all harware both front and rear.
PM me if your interested in seeling the hardware seperately.
David
JeffBowlsby
$150. each end for a complete setup is common, in pull off condition, which normally includes worn bushings that need replacement. If they are mising parts, substantially less. If they are restored or have new bushings, newly plated/painted parts, then more.
rhodyguy
try the search feature. FS+swaybar, lots of results. make sure you're in the parts sub-forum.
rhodyguy
try the search feature. in the classifieds, use FS+swaybar, lots of results. make sure you're in the parts sub-forum.
Type 47
QUOTE(Type 47 @ Oct 20 2013, 07:20 AM) *

I do have the rear shock bolts...everything end links, front arms, rear brackets, front/rear bars.

Since I do have all the parts and pieces, except for what is welded to the car I've decided to refurb everything and then make them available.

Since I'm parting out the cars, I could even cut out the welded on pieces...probably won't do that but getting everything else rust free and painted or coated.

Then I'll post some reconditioned pieces ready to go on a restoration.

Of course if someone convinces me otherwise I'll consider the advice.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.